9.

"Hello, how can we help you today?" The guard spoke concisely as Horace walked down the second flight of stairs, slowly trying to hear the reason for their being here.

"Hey, we're here for a welfare check on Horace Walls." Is he here to speak with us?" they said as they held onto their vests.

The door creaks open slightly further, revealing the young man standing slightly slouched. Iris opens the door and is slightly spoiled. I am he.

He opened the door further and stepped outside, closing the door swiftly behind him.

He spoke to the police, trying to figure out the reason for the welfare check. The boy sat and nodded his head as the police explained that it's standard protocol to perform wellness checks if someone has a belief that they are in eminent danger.

The police officers explained quickly, nodded their heads, and headed back to the car after ensuring that Horace was indeed fine. He wearily stood by the door as the police entered the cars and left the man's home.

He quickly moved in from the door, and they quickly moved up the stairs to the bedroom.

"What the fuck was that?" he spoke to Ka'ior, clearly inraged, as he stood in front of her.

"Horace, what did I tell you?" she exclaimed, tapping her foot nervously.

-

Several months earlier, the couple said, "Some of them aren't your homies for real. Watch them," I mumbled as I clicked my seatbelt on.

Horace pushed the button to start the car and screeched off to our home. I passed back his belongings, and we sat in silence.

You could feel the tension. "Why do you say that, mama?"

-

"The only way you can get a welfare check is if someone close to you calls the police and expresses concern about your wellbeing or safety, horace," she said, as horace was quite fumed with anger.

"You know, your mother and sister didn't call them, and the only other people who know that I'm here are your friends, Horace," she continued to tell him.

"The only reason they requested a welfare check on you is because they didn't want to directly report that I'm here because you'd know exactly who it was." The only thing I could do at this point was shake my head as I got up to walk to the bathroom.

"We gotta leave today," he muttered to me as I walked past. I simply nodded my head as I began to fumble around with items in the bathroom.

-

Horace sat angryly sitting on the edge of the bed, pandering deeply in his thoughts, trying to confirm Ka'ior's thoughts.

his mind wandering on who and why the people closest to him want to see his demise, although he knows people consider kidnapping and murder as morally and ethically wrong.

He's confused about why, now, they would wait until Horace is climbing the social hierarchy and fame.

The point finally clicked in his head: they want him in jail or dead due to envy. What do you do when you want something that somebody else has? You work hard, or you kill, rob, and steal.

Horace's subconscious screams the words Ka'ior said repeatedly: "Horace, why the fuck are you still doing that shit? You can't be in the industry and the streets at the same time."

He sat and drove himself insane, mentally interrogating every relationship he had ever known and loved. People that he called siblings, cousins, and friends

He wondered truly how much they knew and if they were even there for the kidnapping of the love of his life, Ka'ior.

Horace felt as time was moving extremely slowly and his thoughts were eating him alive, not with guilt but with anger, building the feeling of becoming stone cold.

Ka'ior whisked around the room, slowly beginning to pack their stuff as Horace just sat completely silent and still on the bed, havingn't moved a muscle since she originally walked away an hour ago.

"Horace!" Ka'ior stood in front of the young man as she grabbed his shoulder, slightly shaking, in an attempt to get him to regain cognitive control, bringing him to the forefront of life and not to his extremely dangerous and violent thoughts.

hi my loves, here's a small chapter i've been working on college has been taking up majority of my spare time but!
-love marrie