ƧΛFΣ

Safe

Though muffled by the gag in your mouth, you still managed to scream louder than ever.

There shouldn't be a third person in the room with you—there wasn't anyone else the last time you checked.

Now that the other one just left, you should be the only one in the warehouse.

Even when you could see, there were only four people, including you.

If they had someone skilled enough to hide their presence so well for so long and lulled you into a false sense of security because they knew you would try to escape again once you thought you were alone—

The hand on your shoulder moved.

You held your breath, waiting for whatever it was going to do now.

Was it going to choke you?

Chain you to the ground so you couldn't move from your position?

Knock you unconscious?

Maybe it would— For some reason, do none of those things.

Contrary to what you were expecting, the hand moved from your shoulder to your gag and pulled it out of your mouth.

Immediately, you purse your lips and frown, confused as to why your gag was released so shortly after they put it on you.

Once again, the hand moved away from you and you waited expectantly for what it would do next.

Has someone actually come to rescue you?

You could feel hope starting to bubble up within you.

For all that you knew you were fully capable of taking care of yourself, you knew you would have no chance of getting out of this by yourself, no matter how hard you tried.

You were too tired now and you had no more tricks you could use.

Hearing the gag clatter on the ground beside you, you looked in the direction you assumed the person who removed it was in.

Hoping to convey your pleas to them, the bits of hope you had left were crushed when they not only did not unite the rest of you, but instead patted your head a few times before vanishing faster than you were able to process everything.

"What...?"

-

When the room was dark, no one noticed him standing there.

As people entered and exited, no one noticed him standing there.

Even as the room was brightly lit, no one noticed him standing there.

These people were complete amateurs and he almost thought he had the wrong place with how easy it was to get into the building.

However, after making his way further in and discovering a horribly hidden door, he was almost certain he had the right place.

But in the pitch dark, he couldn't be completely sure and the only other person he could sense was unconscious.

So he waited.

He wanted to be certain before he acted, not wanting to save any random stranger.

If it wasn't the person he was looking for, he didn't care.

The second he sees it's someone else, he'll leave.

It doesn't matter to him what happens to these people but if anyone of them happen to be who he's spent all day looking for—