⚜ Chapter Two ⚜

"You're insane." Viktor scowled at his Beta.

Henry shrugged, taking a complete in his swivel chair, "I'm just saying you'd be ideal for the job. Maybe let loose a little with the rogues."

While that did sound enticing to Viktor, he wasn't too keen on wasting time on rogues whatsoever. But, he did want to find Rachel as soon as possible.

"Alright," Viktor straightens his back after giving it some thought, "I'll do it."

Henry gives him a certain look, "You're serious?"

Jason slowly leans into Viktor's line of sight, "Whaaaaat?"

"I shouldn't waste my time any more than we already have," Viktor rolls his eyes, "We need to find Rachel."

Henry visibly deflates at the mention of his younger sister. Viktor reaches an arm out and places a hand on his shoulder, gazing into his ice-blue eyes intently, "I'll find her. And bring her back to you safe and sound."

"I know you will," Henry gives Viktor a half-hearted smile.

"When do you plan on leaving?" Jason frowns.

Viktor releases Henry of his heavy grip, "Tomorrow night."

Henry and Jason proceed to look at each other and share looks of uncertainty. Viktor never willingly puts himself out to deal with a matter so soon. Usually, it would take a lot of persuasion for him to leave his pack and tend to a mission. With rogues nonetheless, and it was no news that Viktor hated rogues.

But Viktor knew this wasn't the time to be picky and begrudging. There was a pack member missing and it was his duty to not only protect his pack but to bring Rachel safely back home. Nothing could stop Viktor from his duties as alpha.

The cold night blistered on, but Viktor found himself restless. No matter how fast-paced his pushups were, and the sweatdrops that fell on the wood floors, Viktor could not get rid of the energy simmering within him.

His wolf would not stop pacing around, either, and it was bothering him. It was as though an event was just around the corner, a very important event. Nonetheless, it was his dangerous trespassing into rogue territory the next day. That must be it.

After a long shower that early and sleepless morning, Viktor lies in his large, empty bed. There would be so many times that he'd imagine what his mate would look like. Viktor always struggled to sleep. He never knew if it was insomnia and didn't want to find out. Instead, he used his restlessness to dream and comfort himself.

There was little to no hope that he had a mate, but he liked to imagine what she looked like. What he'd find so beautiful in her, what he'd cherish about her. What would he not like? Absolutely nothing, it was impossible to ever find a mate unattractive, that's how strong the bond is.

Before he knew it, the clock turned from 2 am to 8 am, and Viktor knew it was time to get on with his alpha duties. The day was a blur but the unsettling feeling in Viktor's gut grew stronger. He had to go out for a run nearly every hour just for his wolf to be pacing again for the next 30 minutes. There was no use in asking his wolf, he'd get no answer anyway.

"Alright, Alpha, will you be okay? Should one of us go with you?" Jason handed Viktor a fanny pack full of various supplies.

Viktor scoffed at the small bag and gently nudged it away, "I won't need that."

"But I packed so much that will definitely come in handy!" He pouted, unzipping the bag in order to show Viktor proof.

He rolled his eyes, adjusting his belt and leaning down to tie his combat boots. Viktor successfully avoided Jason's antics by doing this.