003. the derelict factory mission

CHAPTER THREEthe derelict factory mission 

CHAPTER THREE
the derelict factory mission

CHAPTER THREEthe derelict factory mission 

Berlin, Germany 
March 2006 

WHEN THEY LANDED IN BERLIN, THEY GOT A RENTAL CAR AND MADE THEIR WAY TOWARD THE SECURE LOCATION that the IMF had arranged for them. Once there, they went over the plan thoroughly to ensure everyone understood their assignments and then gathered all the necessary supplies they would need for the mission, loading them into the truck before heading toward the factory. Agent Gormley, however, traveled by helicopter so they could make a quick getaway once they managed to secure Agent Farris.

Upon arriving at the factory, Luther found somewhere to park far enough away so they wouldn't get noticed, and he cut the engine. As he left the driver's seat and took his place in front of the monitors in the back, making sure that everything was online and ready to go, Agent Lei exited the vehicle, making her way into position underground.

"This is a comms check. Groundhog, come in," Luther said, using Agent Lei's codename to ensure she could hear him on the other end.

"Groundhog reads you loud and clear," Zhen responded immediately. "I'm almost in position."

"Raiders, do you copy?" Luther asked, referring to both Anita and Ethan by their codenames.

From just a few feet away from him, Anita and Ethan responded immediately, confirming that they could hear him.

Luther then spoke directly to Agent Gormley, calling him by his codename as well. "Phoenix, what's your location?"

"Phoenix is waiting on standby," Declan replied from the helicopter located not that far from the factory.

When Anita and Ethan had finished loading their weapons and grabbing extra magazines to secure on their vests, they opened up the side door and began unloading the four guns out from the vehicle. Their job was to set them up along the perimeter of the factory so Luther could control them remotely from the van while they went inside and retrieved Agent Farris.