[1.20] Puzzle

In our lives, we encounter various events and experiences that can greatly impact us. These events, which can be either positive or negative, can change the way we think, feel, and behave. They shape us into the people we are today. These events, which form a fundamental part of our history, are what we call canon events.

If a canon event is interrupted, the consequences could be profound, and far-reaching. Even the tiniest of interruptions could cause greatest calamities throughout the universe, causing billions of lives to be at stake.

-

There was an important reason as to why Marina didn't want Hobie to come to her rescue. A reason why she didn't want him to suddenly come along, and interrupt what was meant to happen. Whatever it might be.

They were both part of the Spider Society, weren't they? They had shared their battles, and knew the possible outcomes if ever a canon event is interrupted. How Miguel chased Miles around like a wild animal, trying to stop him from interrupting a canon event. It was a mess, and for that exact reason – Marina didn't want Hobie come.

But, oh wow! Here he was.

Light beamed from Tony's palm, and just as he was about to shoot at her chest, he was thrown to the other side of the wall. Marina gasped, quickly sitting up as she watched Hobie's figure run towards Tony. He shot a web at his face, then at his torso before pulling him close and then kicking his body out the window.

"Shit – Hobie, no!" She yelled, reaching her hand out as she watches Hobie swing out to finish Tony. Struggling to get up on her feet, Marina hears coughing from outside. She glances back out the window, wincing before she rushes to check up on her teammates.

Marina sees Scout, laying down on the floor. His mask was now gone, and he coughed out blood. Quickly kneeling down beside him, she helps him sit up on the floor. "Drift." He breathes out, a small smile appearing on his lips as relief washes over him. He was afraid that they lost all hope, and was doomed.

"Are you okay?" She asks worriedly, hand on his back. Scout nods, "Is it over?" He asks. Marina glances out, not knowing how to answer. "I... Um –"

Scout cuts her off by his coughs, and places a hand on her shoulder. "You have to finish it, Drift. I trust in you." He says weakly, staring into her eyes. Marina chews on her bottom lip, and nods. "We'll be alright." She reassures him, before quickly standing up and following after Hobie and Tony.

Aside from having to finish whatever apocalypse Tony tried to start, she also had to stop Hobie from doing anymore damage before her universe experiences the same thing Miguel's did. She was not going to let that happen. Absolutely not.

"Still got something in you, Ven?" Marina asks Venom. "Can I eat Stark afterwards?"

Swinging out, she sees Hobie and Tony fighting each other. It's obvious Tony's been weakened by Hobie's attacks, and as for her anarchist boyfriend... he seems furious.

"Bee!" Marina yells out, catching Hobie's attention. He stops for a moment, his eyes widening as he sees her. "M – Drift!" He stumbles back as Marina immediately wraps her arms around him, "I told you not to come." She says, and Hobie chuckles. "You should know by now tha' I never listen."

Tony, watching them from a distance, scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Not to ruin the moment, but you've both gotta die." He shoots lasers at them, the two Spiderpeople immediately separating to avoid his attacks. "What's the plan, boss?!" Hobie asks, and Marina smiles at the nickname. It's definitely been a while since she's last heard that.