Chapter 2

Buffy wakes up in her dorm room bed. Still feeling the pain of her injuries from last night. Her arm hasn't healed. She looks across to Willow's bed, she's already out and about. Getting out of bed Buffy goes to the window and sees Willow walking with a few of her new college friends. Buffy sighs.

Buffy arrives at Giles' apartment. Buffy opens the door while knocking. She enters, closes the door, and walks to the middle of the room. 'The Smiths' play in the background.

Buffy: "Giles?"

An attractive black woman in the kitchen through the opening over the counter.

Olivine: "Rupert, is this Bleu cheese or is it just cheese that's gone blue?"

She reaches the front room and sees Buffy, she appears to be wearing a shirt and nothing else.

"Olivia: You're not Giles."

Buffy: "Uhm... you know the door was open, so I just... uh, Giles does still live here, right?"

Olivia: "He does."

The background and the music cuts off.

Olivia: "He appears."

Giles comes out of the hallway. He's wearing a bathrobe.

Olivia: "Rupert, you have a guest."

Giles: "Buffy! Hello."

Buffy: "Is this a bad time?"

Giles: "No! Oh, uh, forgive me. This, uh... this is, uh, Olivia. She's, uh, an old friend, she's staying here for a few days."

Olivia: "Couldn't pass through sunny Cal without looking up ol' Ripper."

Buffy: "ol'what?"

Giles: "Buffy's a, uh, was a student of mine. How's, uh, how is university?"

Buffy: "Pretty much the same as high school, in the sense that I need help."

Giles: "Ahh... help... yes."

Buffy: "But, this just looks like a bad time."

Olivia: "No, you guys talk. I'll just go slip into something a little less comfortable."

She and Giles share a look and she leaves the room.

Giles: "So, uh, trouble with, uh, studies?"

Buffy: "This is a bad time."

Giles: "You keep saying that."

Buffy:  "I think someone had just a little too much free time on their hands."

Giles: "I'm not supposed to have a private life?"

Buffy: "No! (In a whiny voice.) 'Cause you're very, very old, and it's gross."

Giles: "Your powers of persuasion are failing rapidly, Buffy."

Giles looks down at Buffy holding her arm. Buffy takes notice of his notice.

Buffy: "There are a gang of vampires working the campus. We need research, an-an-and charts and stuff."

Giles: "I-I still don't see where I fit in. You haven't described anything that you can't do yourself."

Buffy: "Ok, remember before you became Hugh Hefner when you used to be a watcher?"

Giles: "Officially you know longer have a watcher. Buffy, you know I'll always be hear when you need me. Y-your safety is more important to me than anything but, you're going to have to take care of yourself. You're out of school and I can't always be there to guide you. "