❊ LILY CONNOR ❊

ABOUT

ABOUT

Lily Heather Connor (born September 13th, 2000) is an English actress, singer, producer and model. She is of the world's highest-paid actors since 2017 and has made multiple appearances on the Forbes' year-end lists. Connor has been ranked among the world's highest-paid actresses by Forbes and Vanity Fair, and was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2020. As of August 2023, her net worth is $1.9 billion. 

FAMILY LIFE

Connor was born to American police officer Sebastian Connor and English teacher Olivia Connor in Gainesville, Florida where her father was working. They moved to South London Borough when she was three years old and she attended the Hayes Primary School in Kenley and then Whitgift School in South Croydon, her brother following suit. She is of Spanish, Italian and French descent and speaks fluent in all three languages.

Connor was bullied throughout her entire school experience, from year 6 through the end of University, most of it was out of spite and jealously of her career. Regardless of the pressure at school and fitting in, Connor stayed focused on her dreams of achieving success in entertainment. Connor's father Sebastian died in 2010, when she was 10 years old from a heart attack. The young girl walked in on her father and found him dead in the kitchen and called the emergency services. When she was seventeen, her best friend passed away from suicide when Connor was filming for The Maze Runner: The Death Cure.

CAREER

Connor was only six years old when she was cast in ABC's popular medical drama Grey's Anatomy (2006 - 2020), and gained worldwide recognition for her portrayal of Allison Grey, the younger cousin of Meredith Grey and soon became a fan-favourite. The role on the long-running series earned her a Screen Actors Guild Award. The character became widely popular, making Connor one of the most renowned television actresses, despite her young age. She won five Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Connor won a number of awards for portraying Hudson, including the 2009 Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress; Television Series Musical or Comedy. She was won the 2009 Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy, and the 2010 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.

She was not even nine years old when she came to prominence for playing Lola Hudson on the Fox series Glee (2009–2015), for which she received three Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, two Golden Globes and three Grammy Awards for music recorded for the series, also spawning multiple hits on the Billboard charts. Connor made her film debut in the 2001 movie, Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone as Ruby Weasley when she was only a year years old and carried on her role until she was thirteen and went on to become one of the fan favourites. Connor's performance as Ruby won her two Otto Awards, five Child Performance of the Year awards, two Saturn Awards, five Critics' Choice Movie Awards, three Empire Awards and thirteen MTV Movie Awards from 2001 until 2011.