Chapter 37

Waleeda opened her eyes feeling cold hands on her cheeks wondering wether someone is putting ice on her , her black eyes jerked open only to see Kamil staring at her with his bright brown eyes , his hand on her cheek .

"It's time to break our fast . " Kamil said to Waleeda pulling his hand away from her cheek . She didn't even realized that she has fallen asleep after returning from the tour with Khadijah .

"Mhmm..." Waleeda mumbled walking towards the the toilet where she washed her face , performed an ablution before stepping out . Kamil waited for her as she prayed and only moved when she was done praying .

"Shall we ? " Kamil extended his hand for her to take , Waleeda raised her head to look at Kamil suspiciously while Kamil just gave her a sly wink still keeping his hand out for her to take .

Waleeda put her hand on his making him to hold her hand firmly as they walked out of the room towards the dining room . The short walk to the dining room was quiet , none of the two said anything rather just kept walking until they reached the room.

Waleeda stepped into the dining room that's full of relatives , more chairs has been added to the long table to accommodate the relatives. On normal days , the dining room is quiet but with the number of people in it now , it's definitely not quiet but also not very noisy .

Waleeda walked to her seat where she sat down with Kamil beside her . She greeted the people present before mumbling a prayer to break her fast . Waleeda reached out for the fruits first , she was filling her stomach with fruits that she almost forgot about the goat meat kebab , hot soup , well seasoned jollof spaghetti , Mac n cheese and a porridge that's placed on the table .

"Waleeda eat something and don't push fruits only in your stomach . " Kamil said to Waleeda fetching the Mac n cheese for her as he placed it in front of her ignoring the mini murmurs that started spreading in the dining due to his action .

Waleeda almost forgot the presence of Hibbatullah in the dining room , she wonder what she's still doing in this house yet she decided not to ask knowing well that the topic Hibbatullah rottens Kamil's mood .

Waleeda mumbled a " Thank you." To Kamil before she starts to consume the food in front of her . By the time Waleeda has finished eating , almost everyone was out of the dining room seated in the living room now .

"Are you done ? " Kamil asked Waleeda when he noticed how she instantly stopped eating , he's glad that she doesn't feel nervous around Hibbatullah anymore . He's even more that glad that she doesn't feel as nervous as she used to feel around him before .

"Yes . " Waleeda replied getting up from her seat to exit the dining room . Kamil once again held her hand as they walk out of the dining room , they were about to climb up the stairs when One of Kamil's relatives , Aunt Aisha , a tall dark skinned woman called them .

"We are playing a game so you two should join us . " Aunt Aisha said as she dragged Kamil and Waleeda towards the living room that's full of people .

"But-" Kamil started speaking but was cut off by Aunt Aisha who said "Mmm.. no buts . " dragging them until they reached the living room . Waleeda didn't mind joining their game but when she set her eyes on Hibbatullah among the people playing the game , she felt like backing out .

Waleeda gazed at the people seated on the couch , some are males while some are females . She pulled Kamil by his arm as they sat together on an empty couch . Waleeda couldn't help but notice the unpleasant eye that Hibbatullah's giving her .

"Alright since we are somehow complete we will start now . " Kamil's cousin , Arafat said while the other people seated agreed by shaking their heads .

Waleeda turned to look at Kamil who looked so bored as if he's going to sleep at any point in time due to boredom . Waleeda heard Kamil hissed when Arafat said they're going to play truth or dare .

"C'mon Arafat change the game . " Kamil said to his cousin who did not really look like he wants to change it . "No it's actually okay . " Waleeda said to Arafat giving him a go ahead to start .

"Who should we start from ? " Arafat asked and immediately got answered by his brother Bashir who said "Kamil . " managing to earn a glare from Kamil .

"Alright Kamil then , Truth or dare ? " Arafat asked kamil who is obviously not interested in playing whatsoever game it is so his answer was simple "Truth."

"Who is the most beautiful woman in this room now , well apart from Aunt Khadijah. " Arafat asked excluding Kamil's mother from the list so that Kamil will give a honest reply .

"Do I need to say it ? Isn't it obvious... I mean look at my wife's beauty , it's definitely Waleelee . " Kamil responded turning to look at the blushing Waleeda. The whole room erupted into laughters upon hearing Kamil's reply .

"Okay now next to Waleeda. Truth or dare ? " Arafat said seeing as Waleeda is the one sitting next to Kamil so it's only fair that she's up next . Waleeda enjoys playing game like this so her answer was a hard one "dare . "

Arafat tapped his chin as if he's in deep thoughts , he's trying to think of a dare for Waleeda, a dare that would not be too harsh and at the same time would not be too soft , just in between . "Can someone dare Waleeda please. " Arafat asked since he couldn't think of anything to say.

Hibbatullah's hand was quickly up in the air volunteering to dare Waleeda, "and who are you ? " Arafat asked Hibbatullah because as far as he can remember, he has never seen this face before . Hibbatullah was about to reply when Kamil's voice was heard saying "a maid . "

His reply managed to cause a frown on Hibbatullah's face , a frown that showed how hurt she really is by the sound of the only man she love calling her a maid.

Arafat hummed allowing the maid to dare Waleeda . "I dare you to show us your hair . " Hibbatullah stated while Waleeda frowned at how childish the dare sounded .

Waleeda reached out for the veil on her head intending to pull it off when Kamil's hand stopped her by holding her hand tightly. "You aren't going to open your hair . " Kamil said noticing the number of boys in the living room .

"Kamil it's a dare . " Hibbatullah stated .

"She's a married woman , how can you tell her to open her hair here , only I can see her hair . " Kamil snapped as he pulled Waleeda's arm leaving them to continue their game while they made their way up the stairs .

Waleeda allowed herself to be dragged by Kamil , she simply kept smiling all along the way . She's not used to having someone to be jealous of her but now that she does, she has to admit that it's a nice view .

_______________________________
Author : Thanks for reading SEE.
Vote
Share
Comment
And Pls do check out MIGRATION .