Chapter 10: The Consequences of Deception

Arjun drove Riya back to her apartment in silence. Neither of them spoke a word during the entire ride. Riya was lost in her thoughts, regretting what had just happened. She couldn't believe how far she had gone to play with Rohit's feelings. It was a terrible mistake, and she knew that now. 

As soon as Riya got out of the car, her phone rang. It was her mother. She hesitated for a moment before answering it. She knew that she couldn't lie to her mother, and she wasn't sure how she was going to explain everything that had just happened. 

"Hi, Mom," she said, her voice trembling slightly. 

"Riya, where have you been? I've been trying to reach you all evening," her mother said, her tone angry. 

"I'm sorry, Mom. I was out with Arjun," Riya replied. 

"Arjun? Who is Arjun? Why haven't you told me about him before?" her mother asked, her tone becoming more suspicious. 

"Oh, he's just a friend, Mom," Riya said, trying to keep the conversation light. 

But her mother was not convinced. "Riya, I know you better than anyone else. Something is not right. Tell me the truth." 

Riya took a deep breath and decided to come clean. She told her mother about Rohit and how she had planned everything with Arjun to make him fall for her. She described every detail of her cunning plan, and her mother listened to her silently. 

"I can't believe you did this, Riya. This is not the daughter I raised. How could you play with someone's feelings like this?" her mother said, her voice laced with disappointment. 

Riya knew that her mother was right. She had always been cunning and had never shied away from using her charm to get what she wanted. But hearing it from her mother made her feel guilty. 

"I know, Mom. I just couldn't resist the opportunity," Riya said, trying to defend herself. 

Riya knew that her mother was right. She had always been impulsive, and her actions had consequences. She had to learn to control her impulses and become a better person. 

"I know, Mom. I promise I will be better. I will make it right," Riya said, her voice filled with determination. 

"You better, Riya. You have a lot of work to do. I hope you learn from your mistake," her mother warned before ending the call. 

Riya stood there, feeling guilty and ashamed. She knew that what she had done was wrong, and she couldn't undo it. But she had to make it right. She had to apologize to Rohit and hope that he would forgive her. 

As she walked into her apartment, she realized that she had a lot of work to do to become a better person. She had to learn to control her impulses and not let her emotions cloud her judgment. She had to become a more empathetic person and think about how her actions affected others. 

Riya realized that she had a long way to go, but she was determined to change. She knew that it wouldn't be easy, but it was the right thing to do.