Chapter 24

30TH NOVEMBER 2023
________________________

Here we go again, another day in paradise. I take a walk out the hut, where I see Peter and Holly sitting trying to work out more of the technology. Because alot of it need to be charged or powered up it's taking a long time to figure out, they are basically going off the hundreds of notes.

"How's it going?" I asked sitting on the floor next to them. I am wearing my dark blue jeans and tartan shirt again as my other clothes are dirty. We are planning to go to the river later today. Holly is wearing a olive green t-shirt and black leggings. Peter is wearing a black t-shirt with a dark red flannel and blue baggy jeans. His beard is getting pretty long, he usually cuts it with sharp rocks. Looks painful don't blame him for not doing it often.

"Yeah good. Today is the day I can feel it" Holly smiled at me.

"You say that everyday" I smile and shake my head. I pick up a few rocks and start throwing them on the ground one by one. Holly is convinced everyday we are going home, they've been here over ten years and it's coming up to six months for me. I've given up hope a long time ago.

"Yeah well today feels different" Holly said.

"If you say so" I smirk.

"I think I've got it" Peter said quite loudly and I looked over to him. He was holding a small device that half of it was made with glass and the other half of plastic I think. It had a charging port, not sure for what what kind of charger probably one that hasn't been invented yet.
"This device can predict to next Anomaly, thar or it can open them on demand"

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, but there's no way to test my theory until we can get power" he shrugged. I looked back to where I was throwing rocks and I couldn't help but let my mind wonder to him.

"I know you your thinking of him" I hear Holly say.

"Well you know what they say, a mother knows best" I smirk.

"What has gotten you thinking about him today?" She asked.

"I don't know, I just miss his voice I guess" I shrugged.

"You still think he's moved on?" She asked.

"Most definitely. There's no way he would've hung around this long. It's been nearly six months, and Pamela hasn't opened the Anomaly again. Or at least not near this area. I'm sorry Holly but I think this is us now"

"I've been saying that for ten years" I hear Peter, and I couldn't help let out a little chuckle.

"Oh shut up, you old sod" Holly said to Peter while nudging him a little.
"I think he is waiting for you. And honeslty when we get back home I can't wait to meet him, and Tom obviously" Holly said.

"You know Riley is really lucky to have parents like you"

"What that get trapped and leave her to grow up herself?" Peter said snarkly.

"No, I mean you raised her right. Treated her like any parents should treat their children. I envy that. " I look up to Holly.

"Do you think you'll ever forgive your mum?" She asked.

"Nah, it's not even the fact she never done anything to protect me it's more she blamed me for David hitting me. She would say 'you need to stop making him so angry' or 'why can't you just behave for once Addaline, then he wouldn't get mad'. She's just to blame as him" I stated.

"I understand that."

"Not sure if I told you, but I saw them. Years after, they abandoned me" I said.

"Where?" asked Peter.

"I was 13, and our school took us up to Scotland to visit a museum of somesort. Well across from the museum was a pub, and we were all about to get back on the bus to go back to the hotel, and as I was about to get on, there they were. Both of them walking out of the pub with two other people laughing and joking around. They had completely forgotten about me" I said, and I looked to Holly, who was close to tears.

"My god, Addy, I'm so sorry" Holly said.

"It's in the past. I've moved on. They don't deserve my thoughts anymore. " I shook my head and smiled a little.
There was a little pause when I heard some sort of ticking sound.
"What's that?" I asked. Peter went into the hut, and I heard him rummaging around the place until finally he appeared back outside, holding something.

"It's our compass. It's going crazy" he said. Both Holly and I stood up and stared at the compass. They took this through to the Anomaly so they could find their way back, something about. . .

"Interference" I whisper, which caused Holly and Peter to look at me.
"Grab the technology, now!" I shout. We quickly packed everything in our bags, and Peter started guiding the way while I turned on the little device that shows what year the Anomaly is open up to. We all ran as quick as we could. We didn't bother to look back twice. I was praying and praying that this is it. This is the Anomaly to get us home. Suddenly, we appeared not far from where the Anomaly closed on us the first time. It was on a slight cliff, but there was. An Anomaly.
My heart was beating so fast I couldn't believe it, is this it? Is this us getting home? I feel someone snatch the device out my hand, and I look to see it was Peter. He pressed some buttons on the device, and he smiled and looked over to me.

"2023" he said. Holy fuck, that's home on the other side it's home! We have to get through there.
Suddenly we heard a roar, a loud and frightening roar we look over to over left to see, holy fuck, a Spinosaurus. We stayed very still as it hasn't noticed us yet and it walked in front of the Anomaly.

"What's the chances us slipping around it and it not noticing?" Holly asked.

"Zero" I whispered not taking my eyes off it.

"They don't come out this way often, what the hell?" Peter said.

"It's the Anomaly, it would caught a scent from something on the other side" I explained.
"Ones thing is for sure" I said looking at Peter and Holly who were already staring at me.

"We are getting through that Anomaly"

Into Another World On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara