51. Family

"I always knew our meeting in Taipei wasn't by accident," said Yunjin, pointing a finger at the receipt.

Minji signed the paper. "Whatever, serendipity lover."

"Yah! You wouldn't get Hanni if it wasn't for me, right?"

"And you wouldn't have met Heeseung if I didn't invite you to the party, right? I know what you're pointing out, Yunjin. Why are you being so nostalgic?"

"It's because today is my second anniversary with Heeseung! Have you forgotten that?"

"Oh? Is it today?" Minji glanced at her watch to check the date. "Wow. How time really flies, huh? So, you're really over Taipei now, huh?"

"Taipei will always have a special place in my heart," said Yunjin. "But yeah, I have to move on someday, right?"

"And you've got the right to be happy."

"Exactly."

Minji stared at Yunjin, realizing how special their friendship had become through the years. "I'm happy you're with Heeseung, Yunjin."

Yunjin smirked. "Heeseung kept complaining about how their department got boring since you left them."

"Oh, c'mon." Minji tapped her palm on the counter. "I quit my job almost two years ago and he hasn't adapted to it yet?"

"Maybe he just misses you?"

"Or maybe he misses my visitors before? Aw!" Minji earned herself a slap from Yunjin. "Since you mention that, maybe let's hang out sometime; you and Heeseung, me and Hanni."

"Sounds good! I think we should do it at least once a month. I rarely see you now after you opened your studio."

Minji sighed. "Yeah. I've been busy. Dad's putting more pressure on it."

"But at least you know that your business is in good hands, right?"

"Yeah..." Minji shrugged, looking down at her phone to check the message that just came in. "All right. I need to go now. The queen texted me. "

Yunjin raised an eyebrow. "Queen?"

"Hanni's mom. She said Hanni's in my apartment now and wants me to surprise her."

"Wow. Finally in good terms with your in-law, huh?"

"We're getting there, Yunjin. Slowly but surely."

Yunjin handed Minji the bouquet she ordered. "What's with those? I bet you've done something to piss Hanni, huh?"

"Well," Minji started, scrunching up her face. "Let's just say that we haven't seen each other for a week. And I missed our third anniversary..."

Yunjin's eyes widened. "What? Jeez. You're in trouble, Minji. BIG trouble."

"I know. I know. The queen even scolded me for upsetting her daughter. I told Hanni I'll be out with my dad for three days only but something came up. We had to stay in Bangkok for a week."

"Let me know the address of your funeral so I could send you flowers, okay?"

"You're crazy."

"Good luck with Hanni later."

"I'll call you if I make it out alive."

While walking back to the parking lot with flowers in hand, Minji spotted a familiar figure walking on the other side of the street.

Long legs, slim figure, and that sexy signature walk; she could not be mistaken. The woman might have had changed her hairstyle and might dress more differently now but Minji surely knows who she is.