Road of the Lonely Ones!

"If you must die, I'llenvy even the earth that wraps yourbody

envy even the earth
that wraps your
body."

Albert Camus, State of Siege

( ROAD OF THE LONELY ONES )

Doom and gloom. Those were two words you could use to describe Saskia Valentine Sanders. Crazy, stupid, blonde. Those were three more. A devils child, her grandmother used to call her before the old hag kicked the bucket. Saskia was a superstitious girl, she believed in every tale ever told in her small town, every shift in the universe, every mercury retrograde, every celestial alignment. She believed it all. She wished on every angel number, every shooting star, never walked over three drains or underneath signs.

But something had gone wrong in the universe. A crack must have been stepped on because four months before Saskia's seventeenth orbit around the sun, her mother died. Gone. Dead. Six feet under.

Had she done something to upset the Gods and Goddesses?

Perhaps she was just unlucky. Maybe she was a witch. Her town would probably want to burn her at the stake anyway. Because when you claim to know that Vampires and Werewolves exist, it doesn't tend to go down very well. Especially in the small town that was Forks. Next thing you know your Father is making you go to therapy where the therapist doesn't believe you and puts you on a multitude of pills. Diagnosing you with OCD and depression.

Saskia begs and begs for someone to believe her, anyone. Her brothers say they do, but she knows it's only what their father told them to say so she won't go crazy. But the faking only makes it worse because, Gods, why can't she be normal? Her mother would believe her, she knows it. Unfortunately for Sas, she was buried next to her grandmother. A gravestone above that read "Loving Mother and Wife". Where was that loving mother when you needed her? When the whole town calls you crazy? When you're the only female in the house that everyone now relies on?

She does the best she can, taking her 7-year-old brother to school and reading to him at night to then do her 19-year-old brothers chores for him because she knows he's grieving. And she helps her father into bed after he's spent the whole night drinking because he lost the love of his life. She's now the woman of the house and she tries her hardest, while juggling her own depression that begs at her to just leave, take the easy way out. Her absence would be unnoticed. Perhaps Jake would miss her. But he wouldn't miss her for long, she was convinced. He was gaining new friends anyway. Jared Cameron and Embry Call included. All part of Sam Uley's stupid cult. Yeah, he'd be alright. She's just tired. So tired of being singled out, doped up, and alone.

This year will be different. She will be normal. No vamp talk, no wolf talk. Just normal, happy, Saskia. Though it's so hard to be happy when death attracts her. When she's obsessed with the dead. Stuck in this repeating cycle of want. She wants answers or she will drive herself insane.

And a boy, perfect smile, perfect body, perfect personality, so badly wants to give her the answers she deserves.

SASKIA Valentine SANDERS

the 'INSANE' / Moon / SCORPIO / Prey

 the 'INSANE'  / Moon / SCORPIO / Prey

PAUL LAHOTE

the 'WOLF' / Sun / CAPRICORN / Protecter

WARNINGS & DISCLAIMERS

This book will contain mature themes: violence, abuse, injury detail, drugs, alcohol, graphic description, sexual themes, self harm.

I do not own twilight or any of the pictures used. I only own my characters.

Road of the Lonely Ones ✸ Paul LahoteOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara