In The Past

"Brother, did you notice it?" She queried, her voice displayed visible concern. The sudden appearance of the space-time distortion what made her worried.

"kuhaha... you know there is nothing that can defeat me, and besides if it was dangerous you would have noticed it." He gives a small laugh, making her sister to look at him in annoyance.

"Brother, at least make sure to be serious sometimes." She retorted, "It is your work to keep a check on such things." She said, reminding him of the Ivarage's invasion.

"hey, this phenomenon is far different than it, even you kno..." he got cut off, "That's why I'm concerned about it, and the magicual concentration has also increased there, even my vision is not getting through it." She tried to argue with him.

"Then, let him do it. That's why I made him the moderator." He tries to ditch his work.

"If you don't want to do, then just say so..." Her voice lowered, she was aware this is going to happen. "...forget it, I am leaving." She said in disappointed, her brother never takes her seriously.

She turned her face to the exit and left the place. "I am not as careless as you big brother."

***

It was quiet, quite enough to be suspicious. I looked my surroundings, trees covered with snow, it was the only thing that come to me sight. I stood up, when it's all come to hit me.

The pain surged thought out my soul. It was intense, I felt like my soul is getting eaten away. It was a delayed affect form Guy's last attack.

"AAAaaaaa...!!" I screamed at the top of my (imaginary) lunges.

I fall on the ground. The snow provided me a cushion as it makes my landing soft. I groaned in pain. My body tries to shrink. Raphael does her best to suppress it. But still the pain never left me.

It took two days, until I got used to it.

I can feel there is a greater damage to my spiritual and astral body. According to Raphael, a single hit to my soul... can means death.

I was lying on the ground. The pain still lingers in my chest but not so intense. I gazed at the night sky. The stars centering on the moon; it's reminded me something, it's almost like my friends ganging on meee...

"Is this?" I tried to rube it off, but it doesn't go. "Am I crying? If they see me like this, it will be not good." I tried stopping my tears, but there was no difference.

Their memories flooded in my mind. Their love, their support, their sacrifices, all at once. They wishes for me to live... Upon themselves.

I can't let it go in vain. How can I? I have to live, not for me, but for them.

Yes, I should start walking. I feel enough strength to do so. I stood up and senselessly walked in the forest, in no time I lose the sight of the place where I arrived.

I am certain, it will take her long time until she is finished.

***

Somewhere at the north-west boundaries of a forest, an ominous portal had appeared. Its purplish glow filled the surroundings, as it showed the way to the demoness that will soon make her way out it.

She was dressed in a maid's out-fit. Her dark-green ruffled hair fluttered as she comes out of the portal. Her green emerald eyes glowed as she looked toward the stars in the night sky.

"Huh... what is wrong here?" she was wide eyed as the strong wave of magicual hit her, "this much magicual density... I had never seen such before." She mumbled.

She was astonished. She pondered what kind of thing may have caused such phenomena? To her it can only be a true dragon. But despite that she still headed inside the vast ocean of the trees.

Upon few steps, she had realized that her magic senses are no use here and she had to solely relay on her physical one. But it was no problem, being a demon her senses are ten times sharper than humans.

"It's getting stronger." She whispered, she had already covered a kilometer in few spanned of time. "...that's an awful silence." She commented.

The more she goes in, the more silent it gets. The monsters that were supposed to be live there, they are nowhere to be found.

"Surely, in this much magical density even they can't live." She stated as she went more deep in the forest.

*hushus...* The bushes suddenly moved.

She switched into a battle stance out of instinct. This time the bushes on her left move, she immediately turned.

"Who's there?" She demanded, preparing a nuclear magic in her left hand.

"Whooa... wait, its me, your favorite Akito." He walked out of the bushes, raising his hands up.

He was a young man, who appeared to in his twenties. As he walk near her, his black hair and eyes distinguished itself from the darkness surrounding him.

She frowned at him, "So, it's you..." She gives a sigh, "tell me, did Velgrynd-sama have sent you?" she queried.

He had joined the empire a hundred year ago and since then both of them had encountered each other plenty of times.

"Is that mean lady Velzard also?" he questioned back, appraising the situation.

They looked at each other with an annoying expression. Silence took the place, as both of them should be fighting rather than having a nice chat. They serve different lords that are on war terms with each other.

"There is no need for me to tell you about that." Misery said with a cold expression, "...Just don't come in my way."

"Same for you." Akito replied with a polite tone. "But before that, does I ever tell you how gorgeous you are."

She frowned even more, "are you trying to hit on me?" She said with cold demeanour, holding a ball of condense enery in her right hand.

"I guess not!" he flinched back. "I'm just stating the truth... Will if you ever need me, just use thought communication." He waved his hand at her before vanishing into the darkness.

"You little, there is no way that I ever need your help." She said, clenching her fist.

Afterward, she continued her investigation of this place. But some how she looked more energetic than before.

"After all, It is going to be a long night"

===

End of chapter

I hope you guys like the chapter, although nothing major had happened yet. And I am planning for introducing many OC in this story, so this one (Akito) character is only the start. And don't take the name seriously because I'm typing whatever sounds good.

My knowledge of the timeline is not that much so if there are some events missing... just bear with it.