three .

marella

I rummaged through Linh's drawers, hunting for a pair of leggings that would actually fit me. Oversized shirts were fine, oversized leggings were not. I sighed.

"Looking for something?" Linh's light voice came from behind me.

"I need leggings, but you're obviously super tall so I can't find any."

"I am not super tall, I'm actually 5'6". That's like, an inch above average. You're just short." She bent exaggeratedly and booped my nose.

I huffed, my cheeks warming. "You're impossible."

"I'm sure Tam would agree."

"I'm not talking about Tam." I almost growled. Why does she have to be so straight?

Linh blinked.

"I'm sorry," I sighed. "Just... my dad's not... my-" My voice broke. "my mom... I- I'm just tired."

Linh hugged me, wrapped one arm around my head and one around my waist. I melted into her embrace, wishing we could be this way forever.

Of course it couldn't be this way forever. "You know there's an easy way to fix this problem, right?" Linh whispered into my ear. I would be lying if I said it didn't give me chills.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"I can just pull the water out of your leggings."

"Oh."

"Dummy," She chuckled as she pulled it out. "Now go and take a shower already." She wrinkled her nose.

"You're so mean," But she was right. I probably should leave before I say something I'll regret more than blowing her a kiss.

"You love me."

Fuck. I did.

I was relaxing on the couch, playing with one of the phones Sophie had given us when the doorbell rang. Almost immediately, the shadows stretched, there was a loud "TAM!" and my favorite Song twin rushed to open the door.

"Biana!" She gushed, and hugged her. "It's been so long."

Honestly, I was jealous. It's not fair that she hugs everyone the same, I thought, my face subconsciously frowning.

"Jealous?" Tam shadow-whispered.

I sighed and nodded at him from across the room. His lips tilted up in a smirk. "That's how I feel whenever Biana hugs Dex."

I went and sat next to him. "See, the difference is, Dex doesn't like her."

"You don't know that."

"I do know that."

"That could change any time."

"Mmmm..." How could I explain that Dex would never-in-a-million-years like Biana? "Uh, I promise, he doesn't like Bi-"

"What are you two whispering about?"

We both jumped.

"Wait. Is this a thing now?" Biana gasped. Linh was barely hiding her laughter.

I moved about five feet away from Tam as he said, "No."

"Big no."

"She's disgusting."

"I'm disgusting?! You pick your nose like 24/7!"

"I do not!"

"Ahh, I see." Biana nodded gravely, turning to Linh. "Has Mare stolen your brother?"

"Don't call me Mare," I said, grinding my teeth.

"Mare basically has stolen my twin, yes. I don't even mind, she can keep him..." She started rambling about twins and ripplefluffs and how we got along so well. I didn't even notice. I was probably making the most obvious heart eyes in the world right now, but I didn't care. I couldn't care less. Linh had that effect.

Biana stared at me. Then she stared at Linh. Then she glanced back at me and raised her eyebrows.

Yeah. Definitely obvious.