Chapter One

The day was dreary and full of rain. You had heard the whispers from the towns people and needed to report back to your wife, the Queen. Though you two had an official Valyrian wedding it was not seen that way by the rest of the kingdom. Even though the Targaryen's had their strange customs, two women marrying was not as accepted. But in the eyes of you and your lover, your marriage was as binding as the rest. 

Before his tragic passing, Rhaenyra had two daughters with Laenor Velaryon prior to your marriage, Visenya and Daenys. The specifics around his death were questioned when you and Rhaenyra married soon after. Many believing that you had him killed but only you and Rhaenyra knew the true story. 

As you entered the throne room you glanced around at the guards, cautious as to who you could trust these days. "My love." You heard Rhaenyra speak excitedly as she saw you approach. Her excitement dwindling as she saw the look on your face. "What is it my love?" She questioned, rising from the Iron Throne. "Is it the rumors?"

You nodded as you met with her, yours and her hands immediately clasping one another. "The rumors have spread. They speak of us not being able to produce an heir." You spoke with sadness in your voice. Knowing you could never bestow your lover with a son. 

Rhaenyra squeezed your hands tightly. "I do not care about their whispers. We have two daughters, both strong and clever. Either one of them fit to become heir to the Iron Throne. It is the opinion of House Targaryen that matters anyways, not the prattle of sheep."

You nodded, though her words did not do much to rest your worries. "And you're right, my Queen. But it is not just that. The legitimacy of our daughters is in question as well."

She stiffens up at your words, "They are Targaryens, born of Targaryen blood. No one shall deny that." You nodded, "I know this my queen." 

"Then y/n, why are you telling me this. Things I already know of?" She questioned, her thumb softy rubbing anxious circles onto your hand. 

You swallow the knot that formed in your throat before you spoke again. "There have been threats... against our daughters, and against- us." You struggled to get the last word out. Fearful of the lengths some people may go to make their threats a reality.  You could see the matched fear in the eyes of your lover.

"Who spoke these threats?" She asked, the fear and worry in her voice broke your heart. 

"That I do not know. But we must be vigilant." You said, squeezing her hands back to try and bring her attention to you and away from whatever thoughts may be racing in her mind.

"Y/n, who in all the Seven Kingdoms does not love my children? They are sweet girls and all the world's warmth is in their smiles." Her worry always for her children first before anything else. Her love for them was strong, like a dire wolf mother's for her pups. 

You sighed sadly at her worry, "Rhaenyra, I do not know. Maybe we should take this conversation too our chambers." You advised as you looked her in the eyes.

"Why? Speak plainly." Said Rhaenyra.

"I'm afraid we may not be in good company." You said in a whisper as you leaned in close to your wife's ear. 

Rhaenyra eyes the Queen's Guard and the other court members nearby. "Very well. We can speak freely in our chambers." She said as she excused herself and walked with you, hand in hand to your chambers. The walk was quiet, not a word spoken.

As you entered your chambers you looked to make sure you were not followed and closed the door behind you. 

Rhaenyra already sitting in her chair, her hands rubbing her face as she takes some time to calm down. "Why are people so keen on a male heir. I've kept the peace so far." She questioned but wasn't looking for an answer as she pulled out a bottle of Dornish red. "Drink with me, my love." She said as she poured it into two goblets. 

"As you wish my queen." You nodded and sat down in the chair opposite of her. Taking the goblet into your hand and sipping it slightly. Your eyes never moving from Rhaenyra.

"It is nice to share wine with my wife for once. It is a luxury we've been denied." She said before sipping from her goblet as well. 

You smiled at her, knowing she wanted to change the conversation, you went along with it. "That is very true my love."

She shifted in her chair and crossed one leg over the other. "Tell me, have you ever dreamt of what it will be like once we really have a hold on the Seven Kingdoms? After we've established ourselves fully on the Iron Throne?" 

You tilted your head slightly, siping your wine to think of your answer before speaking, "Yes my Queen. I think about it all the time." 

Though you two had barely made a dent in your wine, Rhaenyra tops off both of your goblets. The room becoming warm and comfortable. As you sip more of your wine it begins to go to both of your heads. 

"And how do you see it?" She questions after some silence. You pause, having to remember what you were speaking about but once you remembered you looked up at her. "I see us. Sitting as one on the Iron Throne. Ruling the Seven Kingdoms as so that we bring peace and end to all war." You said this genuinely, with hope in your eyes. 

Rhaenyra smiles and chuckles softly. "That, I believe, is a good start. A good start indeed. Let us drink to that." She said, raising her cup to cheers with yours. Both taking a large sip of wine. Your eyes glistening, the wine getting to you, lust filling your mind and body. 

Rhaenyra is distracted, trying to avoid your eyes she takes a long, deep sip from her goblet, trying to focus. Trying to regain her composure before speaking. "This is the life we were meant to have. To rule together as wives and put all that we have suffered behind us, once and for all." Looking at you with a new light in her eyes. "To us." She says.

You smile at her words, listening deeply and intently. "To us." You respond. Clinking your goblets together once again. Rhaenyra's cheeks flushing with a new found passion.

As you look at your wife, studying everything about her, you feel a warmth growing for her in your lower stomach. "My gods, you're beautiful." The words escaping your mouth.

Rhaenyra is almost hypnotized by your soft voice. She puts her goblet aside and takes your hands in hers. "Y/n, I--"

"Yes what is it my queen?" You ask concerned yet also curious as to what your wife is going to say.

She looks into your eyes as the moon shines on the scene, and the wine has finally gone to her head. "I want you." She says plainly, the lust trailing off her voice.

You smile at your lover and a red blush runs to your face at her candidness. "I want you as well my queen." 

"Come here." Rhaenyra says as she pulls you closer. You look up at her, seeing a look on her face, a look that has come over her head before - love, admiration, lust. Rhaenyra smiles as she cups your face with one hand, and draws you in close.  You lean into her touch as she gains a slyness to her smile before she brings your lips together. Gently parting your lips as you kiss. You melt into a passionate embrace. A new fire burning within Rhaenyra's chest.

As you continue the passionate kiss, Rhaenyra runs her fingers through your hair, pulling you in closer, as close as she possibly can get you. Your hands instinctively cup her face as you run your tongue along her lips, begging her to part them. She reciprocates and parts her lips, your tongues now dancing together. Rhaenyra melting like wax beneath your touch. She pulls you closer, your mouths colliding, the heat of the act making the small chamber warm.

Eager and ready for more, Rhaenyra pulls you to the led, falling into the sheets with a deep groan. The two of you embrace and the passion continues. "I need you, my Queen." You whisper as your hand caresses her face. "I need you." She responds, biting her lip. The wine and passion making her want you all the more.

"Then let us make love, my darling wife." You said softly. The chamber soon filling with sweet moans and whimpers as you and Rhaenyra pleasure one another.