Chapter Two

As you cuddle with your lover in bed, beneath the furs, your nude bodies cling together. Rhaenyra closes her eyes, and the moon shines through the window. Lighting the scene as she cuddles close to you. After a moment of comfortable silence, Rhaenyra speaks with a hint of shame in her voice, "Y/n..."

You perk up with worry and concern appears on your face as you look to her. "What is it my love?" 

"This is dangerous. We cannot be doing this. Not when there are those who would see us divided. When there are those who could use this against us." She speaks as her thumb softly traces your bottom lip. 

You felt your heart drop into your stomach at her words. "Who cares what others think. They already speak ill of us, our love. I would do this with you endlessly if I could." You say as you stroke her cheek, hoping your words break through to her. 

She sighs and kisses your forehead. "Don't you see? That is exactly my fear. I am terrified that the realm would tear itself apart in our conflict." Looking down at her lap she lets out a sigh. "And there could still be a chance for me to have a true born son of my own. We cannot do this anymore, dear." 

This made your heart break in your chest. She was just speaking about how your daughters were fit enough to rule and how it did not matter if you could produce an heir or not. "Rhaenyra how could you say such a thing?" You gasped out, distancing your body from hers ever so slightly. A feeling of betrayal forming. 

Rhaenyra looks up at you, a tear coming down her cheek. "Our love cannot be, I see that now. I will not allow our passion to cause a civil war amongst the Seven Kingdoms. I will not put our daughters at risk for the love in our hearts." She goes in to hug you but you push her away. She sighs and looks away. "You are the only woman I have ever loved, y/n, and that will never change. But it's best you find another. I am not worth all of this. I am not worth your life."

Through your heartbreak and hurt you still refuse to accept this sudden decision. Looking at your lover you speak up, "I only want you, Rhaenyra. I would risk my entire life for you. I'd die for you."

Rhaenyra begins to weep openly. The wine has made this much harder than it should be and may be the cause for her drastic decision as well. She wipes away her tears, and looks into your eyes with an impossible sadness. "No..." She whispers, "Don't say that, You don't understand how much you mean to me. But you must understand this truth. I cannot continue to let you risk everything for me." She says as she places her hand on your cheek, you allowing her to do so. "Y/n, please, find someone who makes you happy. And you will forget me."

You sit tall and are firm in your words, "I refuse to accept this. We cannot let what ifs decide whether we be together or not. I will have you as my wife till the day I die."

"Y/n, you are one of the bravest and truest women I have ever known. But this cannot be. I have a duty to produce a male heir and I cannot betray my duty. We are to be divided." A serious tone in her voice as her gaze on you continues. "Please, y/n. Do not make this harder for me." 

You shake your head at her words. "I am going to make this hard if this is truly what you wish."

"My love..." Rhaenyra looks sadly at you. "It is not what I wish, but it is what must be." She leans in and kisses your cheek, you close your eyes and savor the feeling of her soft lips on your skin. "You are mine and I am yours. That will never change, but we cannot be so, in public. As queen, I must follow the wishes of my lords and ladies. As much as it pains me not to be at your side, I cannot go against their will."

Not wanting to give up on this relationship you begin to get desperate with your pleas. "Then take a man as your king. But keep me your secret." You beg of her.

"I cannot love anyone but you, I hope you know that. The bed of a king would be too uncomfortable as long as your fingers can touch my skin." She closes her eyes, her words dripping with passion. "You are mine and that won't change. But we must not be together anymore. Please. Let me go." She said in a way that she wasn't fully convinced of herself either. 

"No I will never let you go. You are mine and I am yours." You stood firm in your words. 

Rhaenyra sighs. She is tired of arguing. And too tired to fight any longer for something she doesn't even fully want for herself. She looks down at you, a single tear rolling down her cheek. "Fine, y/n. I will not fight this anymore. But I cannot be so, public. You will have to be my private queen. The people don't see our marriage as real anyways so there won't be a problem if I remarry." She holds your hand tightly in her and looks straight at you. "Only you must know." She smiles sadly at this arrangement and hugs you tightly. 

You were saddened at the thought of her remarrying but you accepted this. You had to. "So be it. Anything to keep you as mine. We will do this. We can do this." You say before leaning in and kissing her softly, wiping her tears away with your fingers.

"Until the day I die, y/n, I will be yours." She hugs you tightly again, the kiss having filled her with new love and hope. "I have been wanting your lips on mine for so long. And now that I have them again, I do not want to let go. It is as if you are a part of me, and I a part of you." She gazes at you with a new light in her eyes. "I love you y/n. Nothing will ever change that."

"I love you Rhaenyra. Nothing will ever come between us and our love." You say with a smile, hopeful for the future.

Rhaenyra kisses you passionately, the two of you sharing a moment. "My love, we must put our dresses back on and head to the party we planned." She whispered this in a seductive tone, her eyes scanning your body as if she was looking at a piece of art. Kissing you once more before getting out of bed and finding her dress that was discarded on the floor, shimmying back into it. You do the same.

Before Rhaenyra walks out of the room she stops in front of you and pulls you in, whispering into your ear, "But know that if you call on me tonight, I will answer." 

"Just know, I will be calling on you tonight as I am not done with you my love." You whisper back, nipping gently at her ear lobe before rushing her out of the room, patting at her bottom which caused her to shriek softly.