10.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Kai'wä POV ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

I march along through the village, holding Aonung's wrist to drag him along behind me.

"Are you sure," he whines. 

"What," I say, tilting my head to grin up at him. "Are you scared Rotxo's going to beat you up or something?"

"No," Aonung says defensively. "But he's definitely not going to be happy."

Turns out, the stupid skxawng is right.

Before we even step inside my marui, I find Rotxo standing outside, arms folded and a fierce look on his usually sweet face.

"Hey Ro," I say casually.

Rotxo scowls deeper, his gaze burning on where I grip Aonung's wrist.

I quickly let go of him, and Aonung swallows as Rotxo glares back up at us.

"You," he says, in the closest thing to a snarl I've ever heard.

"Alright," I say, rolling my eyes. "Don't get all brotherly and defen-"

Rotxo pushes past me to stand straight up by Aonung.

Even though Rotxo's only up to his best friend's nose, Aonung looks sheepish and avoids his gaze.

"My sister?" Rotxo snaps.

"Enough," I say loudly, flicking my brother with my tail. "I'm very much an adult, I can take care of myself you skxawng. Just let us talk."

Rotxo breathes heavily, eyes flicking across my face, then back up at Aonung.

Reluctantly, he takes a single step back and waits impatiently.

"Well? Are you dating or not?"

I look up at Aonung for help, and he exhales.

"I'm sorry Rotxo," he mumbles. "But... yeah."

"How," Rotxo snaps shortly. "When? How?"

"We had to keep it secret," I invent. "We knew you'd react like this."

"Like WHAT?" my brother growls.

"Like your world is ending," I snap, rolling my eyes. "I'm not a child Ro, I can do what I like. You're out with girls sometimes, I was bound to start dating someone at some poin-"

"Not my best friend," Rotxo hisses, his gaze flicking furiously to Aonung. "Not my sister."

"Stop," I say, stepping between the two of them as Rotxo looks like he's about to throw hands, a fight he would surely lose. 

"I couldn't help it," Aonung mumbles, not meeting either of our gazes as he bullshits his justification. "I didn't mean for it to happen. But..."

He glances down at me, and I almost believe him for a second as our eyes meet.

I try to put as much love and agreement and apology into my gaze to convince my skeptical brother, and I slink an arm around Aonung's waist as I look back at Rotxo.

"Please Ro," I say, "don't be mad at Aonung. I'm really happy with him."

Aonung blinks, and Rotxo seems to melt a little. 

"Fine," Rotxo growls. "As long as you're happy."

"Seriously?" I say; I thought it would take a lot more convincing than that.

"Just don't... you know... in front of me." Rotxo says awkwardly. "I don't want to hear anything about my little sister fucking."

"Ew!" I squeal, as Aonung blanches and splutters unintelligibly.

"But," Rotxo growls, "if you hurt her-"

"I won't," Aonung promises, his grip tightening protectively around me. "I would never."

"Right," Rotxo says, his eyes scanning over my face.

There's some strange look on his face, and I wonder if he suspects it's fake.

Panic flares in me slightly- Rotxo is the absolute worst at keeping secrets.

And if this gets out that Aonung and I are fake dating, not only would it be crushingly embarrassing for me, who knows how Ronal will act with Aonung.

So we just need to be more convincing.

"Thank you Ro," I say, smiling up at Aonung.

He's good at this whole thing; the gentle look he gives me when he blinks down at me is totally convincing.

I press a light kiss to his cheek, leaning on the very tips of my toes and turning to grin at my brother, who looks disgusted.

"Yeah whatever," Rotxo gags. "But no funny business."

"Of course," I say reassuringly.

"Kai'wä Te Nìhona Noa'ite!" a voice shrieks across the village, a very familiar shriek.

"Ugh, I'll see you later," I say to my brother and my 'boyfriend'.

I turn away, not at all disappointed to leave that tense awkward moment.

Poor Aonung, stuck there with Rotxo, but I can feel the awkwardness radiating even from metres away, so I hurry towards Tsireya.

"What the fuck," she hisses.

"It's fake."

Tsireya pauses.

The whole story comes spilling out of my mouth as we walk along the beach together.

Tsireya listens carefully, her tail flicking back and forth behind her as she does.

"And you agreed to this?" she says disbelievingly. "My brother?"

"I'm sorry-" I say, but my best friend just rolls her eyes.

"I don't care about that," she promises, "but out of everyone you could fake date, why would you choose my brother?"

"Shush," I hiss, "no one can know it's fake. Besides, he's the one that suggested it."

"Fine," Tsireya says, but then she turns serious. "But promise me one thing."

"What?"

"If you do end up falling in love-"

"Gross, Tsireya," I snap. "I would never."

"PROMISE," my friend says loudly. "Never let him hurt you. End it whenever you need to, don't hang on to try and help him out."

"He's your brother," I point out.

"And I love you infinitely more times than him," Tsireya grins, wrapping me in a tight hug. "I'm on your side, no matter what."

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ A/N ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

I'm so sorry I'm just trying to write things that make sense to the story, its gonna get good I SWEAR