Chapter 1

It was a crisp winter morning on the lake district of Norway, the snow creating a beautiful blanket of white along the peaceful landscape. Kane was enjoying the serene atmosphere and was reflecting on his life so far. As a successful businessman, he had made many accomplishments, but had also encountered some hard times. He had come on this vacation to take some time away from work and to clear his head, but he had not expected the events that were about to unfold.

As he walked along the shoreline, he saw a woman in the distance, walking towards him. She had an air of desperation and yearning that was almost palpable. When they reached speaking distance, she asked if kane was looking for someone to help with his work. Kane thanked her, but told her that he was on vacation and not here for work.

The woman's eyes glimmered and her gaze became clinging, as if she was afraid to let kane go. She told him a sob story of how she was struggling to make ends meet and that she was desperate to find some work. Kane felt a twinge of guilt, but his heart was cold and unyielding. He told her politely that he couldn't help her and made his way back down the shoreline.

As he walked away, he heard the woman's faint cries in the background, but his mind refused to feel anything. He continued his journey in a daze, not truly enjoying the breathtaking sights of the lake district as he should have been.

Kane had been so busy with his career that he had forgotten what it felt like to be human. But this encounter with the woman brought back memories of a life outside of glory, one of warmth and caring. He suddenly wished he could have done more to help her, but it was all too late now.

When he arrived back at his hotel, Kane fully accepted that he had come here to escape reality and try to forget his troubles, but it seemed the universe had other plans. He had been reminded that life was much bigger and more complicated than what could be achieved in one day. He vowed that he would never forget this experience.