━ PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE
little pistol

  SOLANA 'SOL' OF UNKNOWN name and origin would be the first to tell you that she was glad of it

Solana knows that her freedom does not come from a life of piracy— of wealth and fame and stature. Her freedom comes from discarding the past like the old news it is. Only those who have lived life lonely know that real, true freedom is bought at the cost of solitude.

Sol is prepared for it. Cutting ties comes easily when your heart has never been in it from the start. It's almost as if Solana herself was born with knives for hands. All she knows how to do is snip, snip, snip...

Beyond doing as she pleases, one might say Solana lacks ambition. She would argue that the simple act of existing was ambition in-and-of itself. She would scream that her wayward life was enough for her until her voice was raw with the wound of repeating the same lies over and over and over again.

The truth is that Solana knows what she lacks. She feels the missing parts of her like gaping holes. Vast, empty spaces.

But, with knives for hands, it's hard to fill the gaps without creating fresh wounds— new afflictions to lick.

  And that pain is terrifying. Sol knows there are worse things than her loneliness. She's seen it all before. Solana would rather let her desolation swallow her whole before allowing love to bleed her dry. 

Then, there comes the line she can't break; the cord uncuttable.

Sol thought she had freedom. She thought that she could choose— that her heart would allow her that small dignity. But, it will not.

  Existing is not living. If Sol wishes to survive, she must bind herself to the earth and weather the storm. Sol must learn new lessons and ponder old wounds.

  Most importantly, Solana must love.

AN: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE can you tell im in love with one piece ??? can you tell i want to marry the entire cast of the live action ???? i have three new fics coming out as a result of my recent anime / manga infatuation & no one can say SH━TTTT to me. i have a wholeee plot for this already as well as my shanks fic and nanami fic coming out. i hope you enjoy them as much as i will enjoy writing !!! now onto dedications... bc if there was no interest i would've just shelved this whole thing hehehehe

DEDICATED TO:
stxrmborn bc no one understands the thirst like you do !!!! i need to bow to whoever did the opla casting IMMEDIATELY
-K0DZUKENN  bc ur a legend for the recs & ik you also love the characters i do !!
JustSav bc ur the loml and i adore you,, thank you for listening to me rant all the time abt stories and everything in-between mwah