━ PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE
ultraviolence

  IF YOU MUST KNOW ONE THING, know this; I was not always brutal

My petals used to be soft. I used to be silk. I was all things pleasant and warm and kind.

But, after a time, kindness can rot. Beneath the soft underbelly of my petals were not thorns, but a poison in the root. A sickness born of survival (or was it betrayal?)

  Yes, I was not always brutal, but maybe I should have been— maybe I was destined for it.

  "June is beautiful," they used to say. "June is kind." But, is that all I ever was?

  It would have been easier if a lifetime of apathy had saved me a lifetime of regret. But, there is a part of me so deeply fond of revenge. I should have been brutal instead of kind. Vicious instead of beautiful. Hungry instead of deprived.

  I should have been many things... and I'm not the only one.

  It's strange how you don't notice anything is wrong until the worst happens. How you don't recall the warning signs. Though, personally, I think the worst part is when you do notice— when the signs leave permanent scars you cannot forget— yet you sweep it under the rug anyway.

  And for what? A false semblance of peace? I should have known better. I did know better.

  So, perhaps there was a part I did play. Perhaps my ignorance did make me guilty. For all the things I chose not to see, I guess I was a murderer.

  I HAVE KILLED ALL THAT I LOVE.

AN: so this fic is set up to follow its own storyline & plot, a bit separate from the entirety of one piece. i am debating taking it and june into that storyline, but for now it's mostly just about junie, shanks, and the crew. we might also have sneak peeks of the other characters as well depending on how the story progresses !!! the plot is pretty hammered out, but it can def be made to have room for the many new faves i've acquired over the course of watching the one piece live action & reading the manga, heheheheh. i hope you enjoy !!

DEDICATIONS:
stxrmborn & JustSav u are both nîcimos ily