21 | The Rescue

"You sure you'll be fine on your own?" Greg asked Luna.

"Yes, I need to check on her before we take her home, we cannot risk some microchip on her which could be used to track us and I cannot check on her with you two here." She explained and looked at Alphard who was just staring at the unconscious body in front of him.

"Alphard?" Greg called.

"I'll kill those who did this to her." He gritted his teeth and his hands balled up into fists.

"Greg, out." Luna gestured while mouthing to him, he compiled. She walked up to Alphard and cupped his face. "Look at me, Alphard. As I said before, it's upto us to fill the graves that they themselves dug when they took her." She lifted her chin up, capturing his lips. "Help me now, co-operate, please."

He nodded and went to kiss his mother's forehead before leaving the place. When he did, Luna got beside Camille and took her clothes off to check on her; not for any microchip, but for a specific mark on her body that she suspected to be there on looking at the body's condition.

Inside the dome, they'd found an unconscious Camille in a frozen state. Although they'd no clue how it'd happened to be here, they took her out and had her on the floor.

Luna inspected the body and found that what she suspected. Though she'd suspected it, she gasped on seeing the red sickle shaped mark on Camille's left thigh. She covered Camille with the clothes and calmed herself down before trying to think for Alphard to hear, but before she could, he did.

Is she going to survive?

Alphard, we need to get her to the clinic. Can you carry her to the workspace?

I'll, but what about you? He thought.

I'll get there after bringing Greg back to the cell, it's getting late.

All right.

"She called?" Greg asked on seeing Alphard turning to enter in.

Alphard nodded and immediately strode in with Greg following behind and had his mother carried in his arms.

"See to that no one spots you and get there as fast as you can, be caref___"

"Don't worry, you take care and come as soon as possible, I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle this with her like this in front of me."

"I'll get things done fast, you run now."

They didn't waste much time and went their ways. The lions, like the other time took their place at the entrance of the cave as they left the place.

"Where's he taking her?" Greg asked.

"Home," Luna lied, not because she didn't trust him, but because the existence of the workspace was a secret in itself. She took Greg to the agency and into the cell. "I'm sorry that I've to do this to you every time, he's out and you're still forced to be locked in,"

"I understand the need here Luna, they know I know who the actual one under chase is. It's safe if I stay here, both for me and for Alphard." He assured her.

"Thanks Greg, like really." She smiled faintly at him, which he returned with his own.

"Go stay with him, he needs you." Luna nodded at that and got out, locking the cell.

She made her way to the workspace on the path which she knew Alphard would be in. She ran as fast as she could and made hurried steps when she felt tired from running.

"Alphard!" She called out when she felt him around half way to the place.

"Luna? Good that you cam___"