38

Dream tried, he really really tried, but at some point everything just got to be to much.

It had been a month at this point, he held up George's deal and they were once again in a happy relationship, rarely having any meltdowns or fights.

George had finally started to feel comfortable enough leaving Dream alone in his room, or the kitchen, allowing the blonde to prepare his own meals and take his own showers. George had even started letting Dream sleep alone in his room if he ever felt like it.

One night, it was those exact freedoms that made Dream felt so trapped. Dream laid in his own bed, alone. It was turning to the fall season, the weather slowly creeping into the colder range as the leaves on the trees changed color.

The blankets on dreams bed were tossed around in a mess, some almost being pulled off the bed by the force of gravity. Dream sighed and turned on his side, grabbing his phone and opening Twitter. He reckoned it wouldn't be a bad idea just to scroll through his feed. It had been a long while since Dream had logged in, he slowly scrolled through the many posts, reading thread-fics and seeing fanart.

His eyes dropped as he went on. His feed turning blurry under his eyes as he tried to read through just one more thread. Pictures flashed on his screen of him and George.

He smiled at the screenshots, clicking on the post to get a closer look.

'Aw I'm so happy, he looks so much healthier.' Captioned with two pictures side by side of dream. Dream took a deep breath. He shut his phone off and tossed it to the side.

'Why would anyone post that.' Dream muttered so far under his breath it might as well been kept inside his head. Dream sat up and sighed, rolling out of bed.

Heavy breathing left dreams chest aching, stumbling into his bathroom and slamming the door shut. Dream took a deep breath and looked at himself in the mirror. Taking a few more calm breaths before leaning over and sighing. His body shook in the cold, his hoodie barley providing enough warmth to be comfortable.

Dream grabbed onto the edge of the counter as his vision blurred. He wasn't sure what to do, it felt like it had been years since he felt this horrible. Dreams phone buzzed in his pocket and he ignored it, for the first time in a month Dream felt like he should just disappear.  Dream bit his lip and pulled his phone out of his pocket, turning on do not disturb before tossing his phone onto the counter.

Dream looked at himself in the mirror again, his past actions looked over his shoulder as he gripped the marble countertop harder. Dream eventually had enough of his reflection taunting in him. He raised his fist and broke the mirror.

The sound of glass shattering filled the house. Dream took a sigh of relief as he watched his knuckles bleed.

Dream bit his lip and grabbed a shard of glass from the mess on his counter.

Frantic knocking that seemed almost instantaneous rang through dreams ears, just as dream held the glass shard up to his thigh.

"Go away." Dream immediately said, he didn't mean to say it, it was almost involuntary.

"Dream-" sapnaps voice cracked as he tried to talk through the door.

"I said go away." Dream repeated.

"Please don't hurt yourself, come on, just open the door Dream. It's gonna be okay, I'll get George for you." Sapnap said as he stood outside of the bathroom door. Sapnap was soon accompanied by George who was frantic to get to dreams room.

Dream took a harsh exhale and dug the shard of glass into his thigh, he winced at the feeling, it had been so long he had forgotten just how good a cut felt. Dream sighed and leaned his head back, putting on of his hands on the counter as to get a better angle for the next cut.