Chapter 5

September- October 2019

I arrived at UWC Atlantic College on the day that the rest of my first year classmates were arriving from the airport in the bus provided by the school (I didn't travel with them for security reasons but I was used to it, in Spain I never travelled with my classmates either, I always travelled in a car that was followed by two security vehicles) and I settled in my shared room with the help of a second year student who, according to what she had explained to me, was from Camboya. UWC schools are characterised by multiculturalism and peaceful coexistence of nations.

The first few days were filled with welcome parties and various activities to get to know the school grounds. I shared a dorm with a girl from New Zealand called Willow Wilson. She was one of the many scholarship students and quickly became an essential part of my life. We talked for hours without being conscious and were even lucky enough to have several classes together (economics and politics).

As a CAS activity I chose to be part of the networking team in the first semester. Many of my fellow residents had signed up for the project related to the Duke of Edinburgh Awards and although I would have liked to spend time with them I was aware that I could not participate for obvious reasons. The only excuse I could come up with when they asked me one morning why I wasn't joining them for the project was that I would like to do some networking, although I know they didn't believe me as my networks are closed and under a false name.

Academically there was a big challenge as there was a lot of independent work for us and I sometimes felt really overwhelmed by the enormous amount of work, the volunteer hours, the compulsory out of sports and on top of that on Saturdays a private tutor came to the school in order to teach me royal protocol and history alongside international relationship with other states. Moreover, I was trying really hard to keep in touch with my friends back in Spain, which was surprisingly easy. During those weeks I was texting with mom every day and doing Facetime with my siblings every Sunday morning before Sunday Service. Unfortunately my father and I haven't talked since the meeting at Balmoral, that was supposed to make me sad but I didn't care about him anymore. I'd discovered enough things to resent him for eternity.

So by the time October break arrived I was beyond excited to finally have some time for sleeping in and even spent some time with my siblings and my cousin. However, as I arrived in London, my uncle delivered some shocking news. They will no longer be working royals. I knew that was coming after reading several horrendous articles about Meghan and Archie, Harry will never tolerate them being in danger, and living the spotlight was a clever way of protecting them. We have talked about it since Archie's birth and I supported them even though I believe their positive impact was way bigger than the criticism expressed by some stupid journalist. They were not leaving the country though, they've bought a house in Chelsea and were due to move there in the upcoming months. Granny was upset after hearing those news and tried to have them back but in the end she understood their view. We were both walking around Hyde Park the night before my departure back to Wales ( I was allowed out If someone come with me and I had around my security crew) when I finally asked him about my father and about his father

Do they know? - I whispered, not sure If I wanted that question asked given to the fact that he was acting really weird during all my break.

Yes. I informed them after setting everything up with Granny and the Firm. They were not happy - by his words I understood they were pissed.- Your mom was really supportive though, she visited us a few weeks after that. - I was excited about that as my parents were in NYC with the Earth Short fundation and I hadn't had the chance to be with them . Noticing my excitement Uncle H added- She seemed better, she told us she is finally going to therapy.

She told me to- I smiled before trying to get more information about something that has been going around my mind since my conversation with my mom - she is keeping it as a secret from William, do you know why?- Harry took a breath, a gesture that hid a conversation he had promised not to reveal to his eldest niece. He did not agree with it, but he understood why Catherine wanted to keep that information out of the young princess's hands; she was, after all, still a child - I knew, your mother explained that to Meghan and I, but is not my thing to explain to you sweetheart.

Seeing that I wasn't going to obtain an answer from him, I resorted to keep asking him about my father's reactions.

He was beyond furious, as he was out of mind of something. We both said really bad things to each other- guilt covered my uncle's eyes as he said that, I knew that he was hurt when my father and him fought.

- And grandpa? What did he say?

-At first he was very calm, as if he expected us to leave. Then he started to get angry with his usual talk about the crown and our duty and things like that. It's funny, because I knew those were the same words Lilibeth had used when he and my mother's marriage was falling apart. And in both cases it was a turning point.

I returned to Wales knowing that once I come back for Winter Break, loot of things would be different at Kensington Palace. At the time, I was not aware of all the things but 2020 would bring many changes in my life. By the holidays of October 2020, my life would have taken a 180-degree turn where all secrets would begin to fade away.

Transition chapter, we are approaching the date in which Alexandra existence will be revealed to the world. How would it happen?