New Strategy at the Beach

The next morning after waking up surprisingly alone, Burchard makes his way to the beach wearing some black trunks he borrowed from the hotel, and makes his way to where he was told Shido's class would be. Spotting Shido lying sprawled out under a beach umbrella. Burchard goes and sits next to him while saying, "morning Shido."

Shido on the other hand Simple's groans in response, now concerned he looks down at him while asking, "so how did your night go?"

Still lying face down Shido replies in a muffled tone, "well you already know what happened in the bath, but after that Kaguya decided to continue the attack by barging into my room and trying to spend the night with me. As you can guess I didn't get much sleep last night."

Burchard attempts to stifle his laughter to the annoyance of Shido who asks, "well what did you and Yuzuru get up to?"

He thinks for a moment then replies, "not to much. We just checked out the town and aside from a handsy asshole it was fun."

For some odd reason this answer doesn't make him feel any better as he continues to lay face down while muttering, "well at least one of us had a good night."

He then proceeds to roll onto his back with his eyes closed and says, "at least I can get some rest now."

Feeling someone's eyes on him, Burchard looks off into the distance and what he sees causes him to sigh disheartedly while look back at Shido and saying, "you should enjoy that as much as you can right now cause it isn't going to last much longer."

Meanwhile a few dozen feet away, Yuzuru and Kaguya both peer out from behind some bushes at the their targets while Kaguya snickers mischievously then says, "haha! You'd might as well admit defeat now Yuzuru! I spent all of last night conditioning Shido to fall for me today!"

While still looking at Burchard, Yuzuru responds , "rebuttal: all you did was tire him out chasing him around all night. He is most likely going to fall asleep before you can do anything."

Annoyed Kaguya snaps back, "shut up!!! I was simply tiring him out so he was easier to win over today!"

Unfazed Yuzuru responds, "rebuttal: you are simply delusional if you believe that will work."

Now angry Kaguya says, "oh yeah? Well if my plan is so terrible then do tell me how your conquest of Burchard's heart went?"

She replies, "disappointment: no matter what Yuzuru tried. Nothing seemed to affect him."

Shouting with a strange amount of glee she says, "HA! I knew you couldn't do anything yet here you are critiquing me! I must say I am quite disappointed in you Yuzuru."

Yuzuru swiftly responds, "rebuttal: at least Yuzuru didn't chase anyone out of the bath."

Kaguya looks back at her shocked while saying, "you heard about that?"

Yuzuru calmly replies, "reply: Yuzuru and Burchard were walking past the baths when we witnessed Shido jump over the divider wall. Yuzuru should also point out that Burchard was with Yuzuru willingly unlike Shido who climbed a wall to get away from you."

Kaguya starts to fume but before she can retaliate, a monotone voice from behind them says, "all this bickering isn't helping the conquests of your targets."

They both look back to see a sleep deprived looking reine standing there holding a styrofoam coffee cup overflowing with sugar cubes in one hand and two bottles of lotion in the other. Intrigued Yuzuru asks while pointing at them, "question: what are those for?"

Reine casually hands the lotion to them while saying, "I think these should help you two win them over."

Back under the beach umbrella, Shido sleeps soundly while Burchard looks out over the ocean, however their current peace gets interrupted by a cheerful sounding girl shouting, "there you guys are!"