Pictures

It in fact wasn't easy. I had no idea my attraction towards Scarlett was so strong until she asked to cuddle because she was cold and I don't think I can describe what I was feeling.

She's messing with my head.

And I don't know how I feel about it.

"Hey stranger." Scarlett sat at our science table and put her feet on my lap. It's Wednesday but it's media day so the cheer squad is wearing their uniforms all day. Including Scarlett.

"Hey." I looked at my MacBook trying to fight the blush on my cheeks.

"What are you doing after school?" She pulled out her own computer and set it in her lap.

I shrugged, "Pictures. I have to head home because my dad is coming back to town."

"Oh bummer." She took her feet down and scooted up to the table. "When's his next trip?"

I shrugged, "Are to tell. For some reason, his sick days happen to fall right around our fall break."

"Jeez that's gotta be annoying."

I nodded and sighed, looking at her, "It is what it is."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed her backpack, "That's a horrible motto to live by."

I glared at her.

She smiled all sweetly and innocent to me, "Do you want to come over tonight? We could look at some homecoming dresses to wear. You can totally borrow one of mine, if you want. I have a million."

Sydney is going shopping with this mystery girl she won't tell me anything about. Yoda and Mo are already hanging out with each other. This is the perfect night to hang out with her.

"Actually, yeah. I would love to." I nodded and looked at her, "When do you take pictures?"

She shrugged, "The cheer squad takes pictures on Monday during lunch. We just wanted to dress up."

I nodded, "I am impressed."

"Alright! Now that I have explained the rules and basic idea for this project, you may pick a partner. I prefer you to work with your desk mate but I don't care who you work with today." Mrs Richards sat at her desk and immediately looked at her computer.

This is hard. Sydney is my best friend. But I know that Scarlett wants to work with me rather than Dylan and Javier.

I glanced at Sydney who sits in the front row next to Kitty.

She nodded her head towards Scarlett and I nodded. She gave me a thumbs up and turned to Kitty.

I turned to Scarlett, "Did you hear what she was saying at all?"

She smiled, "Nope." She leaned up and put her feet on the floor, looking at her laptop, "But she put them in Google Classroom."

"When's it due?" I looked at her computer instead of loading my own.

She pointed to the date, "Tuesday at 11:59 pm."

"Plenty of time then."

She nodded and elbowed me lightly in my arm, "And an actual reason for you to spend the weekend at my house."

I sighed and sat back in my seat, "My dad would go crazy."

She shrugged, "Just a suggestion. I get it and I'm not judging or being pushy or anything."

I looked at her for a moment.

She was looking at her screen, typing away on the keyboard. Then she looked at me, a smile creeping over her face, "Are you gonna stare at me or start giving me some ideas?"