Chapter 28

I happily dedicate this to MiaAlva 305.

************

It's been two days ever since Garen was back in Washington for his mother's health crisis that doesn't want him to leave because she's still not okay as she claims.

Being in the office sucked sometimes but this was his business he didn't have any choice then. Sitting down on his desk from morning signing the files he missed for days .

He did the most and nearly done when his assistant Maggie came in , being on her short black pencil skirt , a white shirt tucked on it covered with a pink coat that matched her heels .

" Am sorry sir but Mrs.Conrad is here to see you , with no appointment " , Maggie always hated the people who would pop from no where and want to see her boss without booking an appointment or so having any importance to him .

Garen thought for a while before deciding to let her in , he nodded and Maggie walked outside .

Soon after Revagan walked inside with a blank face , Garen reciprocated that too , she doesn't deserve the smile after what her step daughter has done .

"I didn't expect you , Mrs.Conrad " he spoke closing the last file he signed and placed right where others lined up to the top .

" That's true , I feared you wouldn't let me have an appointment with you or even seeing you , like now " she stated making herself comfortable on the sofa far from his desk .

" And you better use the golden chance because it will never come twice as the oldies say " he leaned backward on his chair swinging himself slowly , left to right while his eyes bored onto her .

Revagan lowered her head giving out a sigh that definitely showed how displeased she was with how he was acting towards her .

" Am I on your bad side now , I don't recall any wrong deed of mine Mr .Craig " she spoke gritting her teeth turning her head to his direction .

Garen tilted his head and viewed her with anger on thoughts of her not seeing her mistake at all .

" Taking a wretched child into your house just because you couldn't conceive another was a bad deed itself , isn't it ? "  , Revagan gulped narrowing her eyes onto him .

" Now see what the disgrace you picked   did , destruction ......you being older seems useless because if you can easily forget that people always warned among themselves not to pick stuffs from the streets , what can you remember now ...wrong deeds " he seethed his teeth on the last word leaning foward once again placing his hands on it then clasped them together .

" What are you here for ? " He asked after a deadpanned silence that took control for the better two minutes and he was starting to get annoyed .

" I want you to take my daughter out from that prison ,  I want her back " she demanded still giving him the angry glares and Garen scoffed .

" Aren't you supposed to find the evidences from Mia to let her free , or have you forgotten the laws too " he stated .

" You know she didn't do it , we all know of that , so do your best and bring her back " tears were now threatening to fall but still held her cool expression , she wouldn't let this young man see her as weak .

"You still forgetting that am the Victim here , atleast the most from all and ordering me won't bring her back , we need evidence ...now go and corner your daughter to bring them out " he spoke creasing his eyebrows

" She .is .not.my.daughter " taking one word after another with hatred , she denied the relationship .

" Now she isn't " he scoffed standing from his seat and walked towards her slowly ,before standing in the middle of the room a little distant from the sofas , hands in his pocket , making fists as ever .

" Are you sure you don't have amnesia , because I can clearly recall you disowning her and take the good girl with you , you cursed the day you bore her and blessed the day you picked the trash ....you keep forgetting stuffs " he clicked his tounge annoyingly .

" You're not saint yourself Garen , you couldn't trust your own wife , the love of your life " , now standing with her purse in her hand , she looked at him straight .

" And what was she to you , a child you bore with pain and screams , your blood symbolized she was yours , yours to hold, to love and trust Mrs. Conrad " he gritted his jaws .

" I got another wife but did you get another blood bound daughter ? " he asked and the tears fell down her cheeks , Garen was telling her the difference she holds in their life , a daughter can never be replaced especially the biological one .

" Now shake that head of yours and get this straight , am giving you a chance to deal with street trash because I will very soon but I want to see what justice you can bring to her "

" Now please excuse me , unless you want to give me a hand on those pile of works " he added walking back to his desk .

Revagan looked at him still tears running down her cheeks while he bounded himself back to his work not giving her any glance .

She wiped her eyes slowly before taking a breath and started walking towards the door , pull it open and walked away .

On hearing the door's click shut sound , he gave a sigh he's been holding ever since she walked inside and started talking about Femy.

He leaned backward drifting his mind to Cuba where he met the woman he ever loved , how the she deny her identity and how stubborn he acted until when he had to come back for his mother .

He should go back and see more to the matter , he missed her after all even when she tries to push him away .

He understood to why she didn't want him but rejecting who she really is , was a puzzle he needs to solve and since he has the power then he'll take the matter his way since the willingness of Femy isn't working at all .

But he's needed to be very careful , someone very close has done something to this matter and he won't make a mistake of leaving any traces of his investigation behind , he's gonna get that bitch , be it a family , friend or anyone , he or she would pay .

***********

This was hot , am fanning myself right now .

Hope you like it , but my pleas to you is ......

             Do vote
             Do comment
               Do like
           And Do follow , pleaseee 😔😔😔😔