[Optional] A Very Important Heartfelt Note

Sunday, October 8th 2023. Lisbon, Portugal

A Very Important Heartfelt Note

Life is your message to the world. Make it inspiring.

Hello there! I hope this finds you well. Before you dive into the novel, I have some things to share in this optional note. But if you're eager to jump straight into the story, go ahead to:

[One] The Girl: The Rainbow Room

This note won't take long, maybe 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your reading speed. I'll be touching on:

A bit about who I am: I have always been wrong.

Why I'm writing this novel.

The magic of accidents: My unexpected start.

The deep, inspiring message I want to send out.

The way this novel is structured.

By the way, the structure here is a nod to Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, whose storytelling really stirred my imagination and gave me that final nudge to start this novel.

Much like his books, the chapters in Andromeda are little worlds of their own, focusing on different characters spread across the universe, whose lives slowly intertwine. Each character matters, and each chapter follows this format:

[Chapter Number] Main Character of the Chapter: Name of the Chapter

Now let's dive in!

Let Me Tell You A Little Bit About Me

I'm not a millionaire, famous, or a businessman. I'm just a regular 29-year-old guy living in Lisbon, where I blossomed in ways I didn't know were possible, all thanks to accidents. More on this later.

Since childhood, I've always danced to a different tune, especially in my way of thinking. For reasons that still elude me, I swam against the tide, hoping it might lead me closer to the shores of success. I'll share whether they did, in a couple of years hahahaa. I had my fair share of disagreements at school, not with classmates, but sometimes with teachers, especially when they seemed off the mark to me. Authority and I had a bittersweet relationship, particularly when it seemed misguided to me. "If the authority is wrong or corrupt, my duty is to rebel," has been my motto for as long as I can remember.

Luckily, my school was pretty supportive, maybe because I was a familiar face, having spent my whole life there. Looking back, I even came up with my own "language" of sorts because I didn't like handwriting. For example, "between" was |.| - pretty logical, like me.

These days I'm working on my emotional intelligence, though I've always been more inclined towards logic. I even explored university-level biology around age 10, with a pipe, a robe, and Mozart playing, JUST FOR FUN - not kidding at all. The book I used to read was Biology by Helena Curtis and Adriana Schnek. Pretty hard stuff to be honest. Shoutout to Miss Nati from school! She recommended that book and I went for it.

Continuing, I have never believed in any religion. In fact, I always thought they were all lies and methods to control population. And I still do, actually, but I also started to respect them much more. They all have points in common, so how about if I'm the wrong one?

Maybe what religions say is not actually real, but that doesn't mean it's wrong, or that it's a lie. It's just a story to educate people and to teach them what is important and to develop a set of attitudes and behaviors to succeed in life. I'm glad to say that this is my actual opinion on religions, even though I don't believe the Gods they say exist.