Bath

Ayanami: 'Why them?' Out of everyone in this base, it had to be the two girls she ran away from.

Javelin: "We can finally give a proper greeting." Excited to spend lots of time with (prisoner) Ayanami. "I'm Javelin, sixth of the J-Class destroyer."

Laffey: "Laffey" *yawn* "seventh Benson-class... Nice to meet Ayanami."

Javelin: "Yes, it's great to have you here. There's so much to go around and see. Did you have breakfast yet?"

Ayanami: "Yes." 'Simple but fulfilling.'

 Javelin: "Ok then, where should we-"

Laffey: "Cleaning job today."

Javelin: "Oh right! I almost forgot. Sorry Ayanami, today we have to clean a cruiser. Maybe I can get someone to-"

Ayanami: "No. I don't mind the cleaning..."

Javelin: "Then to the port, we go."

[Pearl Harbor, Port]

Walking down the arrangement of Eagle and Royal ships, one ship always stood out. The biggest ship with a unique design and far more advanced compared to the rest.

Ayanami: "That battleship..." 'The Imperial Seal'

Javelin: "Miss Yamato's ship? It always amazes me how beautiful it is."

Laffey: "Very big."

Ayanami: 'Yamato...' "What do you know about her?"

Javelin: "Well... she's smart and kind to us when we first met."

Laffey: "Very soft~"

Javelin: "That's more about her tails than about her Laffey."

Laffey: "Top five sleeping pillows."

Javelin: "She supports the ideas of pacifists, that we should all talk it out rather than fighting. Now we're able to talk with you, maybe even become friends from now on."

Laffey: "We arrived."

The group arrived at a somewhat dirty cruiser that needed cleaning.

Javelin: "I'll grab some scrub brush, while you two get the buckets and water hose running.

Laffey: "Okay."

[Hour later]

Ayanami: "This section is cleaned."

Javelin: "We might finish earlier than expected. Thanks for helping out Ayanami."

Ayanami: "No problem."

Javelin: "Hey Ayanami." In a lower voice, getting Ayanami's attention. "Do you dislike us?"

Ayanami froze for a bit, not knowing what to say. Trying to speak only lets out a grasp of breath.

Ayanami: "I...-"

Javelin: "Maybe you hate us? That's why you slap Laffey's hand away."

Ayanami: "No... I... was just following my orders..."

Javelin: "Then?"

Ayanami: "I-I don't hate you... I don't understand how I like or dislike right now."

Javelin: "I see. Thank god, I thought you hated us. What a relief, let's get along from on Ayanami~"

Ayanami: "!" Her instinct alerted hostile intent nearby.

Javelin: "Ahhh!"

A jet stream of water hit Javelin, soaking her wet. Javelin turns around to see Laffey with a water hose pointing at her.