Two

Chapter Two: Shiesty bitches

I come from a background where I had to get things on my own or I didn't get them at all. I was raised on the mentality of a go getter. I would meet niggas who would provide and spoil me and I had learned to love that life, Pat took it up a few notches. We were flying to ski trips, going on summer vacations out of the country, and eating a restaurants that presidents had came too. I would have been a fool not to go after what was being put in front of me. I had the opportunity for a better life for me and my child and I took that shit without wasting a second thought. I don't feel bad about it either.

"There is a new ballet class opening up downtown near my office I was going to stop by and put down a deposit and see if I could skip up the line and add Regan to the class" I looked over at Patrick as he sat on the bed removing his tie.

"Regan doesn't like to dance, She would rather an art class or something, Singing even" I shook my head. His ass was not about to have my baby in one of them uppity ass classes pretending to be some damn tree.

"She's a child, Nacole. She will like whatever we tell her to like, Dancing is good for her. All of these obese kids in America along with hoodlums having too much time on their hands, she needs something to get her head into. On top of that it will look great on her college applications. They'll see she has been doing it for a long time and was great at it." He continued causing me to roll my eyes at his stupid ass.

"I'm not about to force my baby to do some shit she can't stand. She is six, Patrick. Who in the hell is thinking about college at this age? We are hardly worried about this elementary stage. Just because she doesn't join some boogie ass ballet class doesn't mean she is going to start smoking crack and robbing liquor stores like some hoodlum as you say"

"I'm just saying it's good for her." He put on a matching set of pajamas coming over to me and sitting next to me. I watched as he sat his hand on my bare thigh with this smile. "I want our daughter to be destined for greatness, I don't want her to be one of those.. one of those" He trailed off trying to find the right words to offended me but not make it sound offending like he always does.

"One of those project bitches like her mama? Or her aunt? You don't want her to be ghetto or some hood rat? Neither do i" I snapped pushing his hand up from my and rising from the bed.

"I didn't say that, Nacole" Pat called.

"Yeah, whatever. With your boogie ass family I wouldn't worry about it"

"Why must you degrade my family? We all want whats best for Regan, as her mother I know or would think you did too" He said watching me strip out of my clothes, I couldn't sleep with clothing on. It was too uncomfortable and suffocating.

"Don't even fucking go there, Patrick. You better end this fucking conversation before I bring out that hood rat you despise and hurt your fucking feelings" I warned turning my back to him.

"Nacole, I wasn't trying to offend you" He quickly shut up with a sigh. I headed back over to the bed and got under the covers. "I love you and I don't care about where you come from baby" Pat rubbed my shoulder and placed a kiss there. I just continued to stare at the wall quietly. "I know you love me too, I just want the best for our family.. I know it's time we add a new edition to our little family. It's been long enough" Patrick told me. He was rubbing on me and I was not in interested at all, nor was I interested in having another child. With him especially.

"Patrick, I'm sleepy. Goodnight" I pushed him away from me and pulled the covers up higher over my body.

"Goodnight, Nacole. I love you" He tells me only to get ignored. I felt him roll over putting his back to me also before going to sleep.