WALFARE & WILDFIRE #10

PREVIOUSLY-

"But SIR!. IT'S ACTUALLY ABOUT HIM SIR." He glares at Daniel from the door (which used to be a door. now a pile of rubble). "DANIEL WHO CAUSED THIS IMPORTANT MATTER, SIR !!!" His index finger has drawn to Daniel, stomping his feet like a jackhammer out of control.

Tapping his claws on the armrest *ding. ding. ding* one by one, up and down, counting his patience as it leaks out little by little. "Report to me all about it. post haste, becareful with your words, or your paycheck will be missing some digits," the tip of his tail swishing carousels with the teacups idling by.

___________________

Zhō's bitter face glances aside. slowly Turns to Fafnir. " "It" (Daniel) should be outside. If not, his lies will blind you from the truth! " convincing him yet with heat in his words.

"What!?!. I beg you, pardon!?" Baffled by his words, they felt like utter rubbish."I do no such thing!" wouldn't think what Zho said seemed more like complaints than allegations.

"Quite!! You snake, you've spread rumours about Mr.Ryuga to ruin his scrupulous reputation within this glorious establishment, even though it's unjust to accuse someone, but I was digging and found solid evidence!" He brought a brown file as he bowed, his hands stretched outward. He brought the file into Fafnir's face as he bowed again.

"Rumours??" Both Daniel and Fafnir were scratching their heads. "Which rumours?" Daniel added.

A puff of smoke erupted from Zhō's head. It seemed as though his very thoughts were bursting out of his thought bubbles, unable to be contained any longer. "Don't pretend!" he seethed, his voice laden with a mix of disbelief and indignation. "I thought... I thought you were quiet, diligent, and yes, an irritating bastard, but I never expected you to be a wolf in sheep's clothing!"

The accusation hung in the air, heavy and biting, as Zhō's eyes bore into Daniel's. But rather than meeting his gaze head-on, Daniel couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt creeping into his heart, causing him to look away. The words had built up like a formidable wall of pride, shielding Zhō from the truth he so desperately wanted to deny.

"Hey!" Daniel's voice boomed. refusing to be painted as the villain in this intricate dance of emotions.

But Zhō's anger was unrelenting, fueling his resolve to push forward with his grievances. "BUT," he continued his tangent, "do you have no shame? Pretending not to know? How can you stand there, pretending as if nothing has happened?"

The room seemed to grow smaller, suffocating under the weight of their fiery slanders. The clock on the wall chimed, its melodic dings serving as a haunting soundtrack to the verbal battle unfolding before it. Each ding punctuated their words, amplifying the intensity of their clash.

As the seconds ticked by, this verbose war was far from reaching a resolution. The air crackled with tension, thick with unsaid words and unexpressed emotions. The room itself holding its breath, anticipating the winner 'whiner' of this verbal duel.

It was a battle of wills, and it was as if the very essence of their beings was at stake. Both men stood their ground, refusing to back down and unwilling to compromise their pride.

The puff of smoke that had escaped from Zhō's head lingered in the air. It danced and swirled, mirroring the turbulent emotions that now engulfed the room. And as the plot thickened, the outcome remained uncertain, leaving the readers on the edge of their seats, captivated by the raw intensity of the scene unfolding before their very eyes.