Chapter 36

Chapter 36

We sat down—all three of us. Cain was still here after twenty minutes of him trying to seduce me. I knew his time was short. Anytime soon Knox was going to force him to leave. He was just consumed and worried about Lucy escaping Thornwood and doing something terrible to me.

"No one has seen her," he began, still clicking on his phone. "But again no one saw her coming into Thornwood. She must've left from the same way she had entered. Either way, I've clued everyone in to about her so if anyone spots, we should be able to intervene into whatever she was trying to do here." He explained while dropping a hand over my lap.

I placed my hand over his, curling my fingers around and said, "I think someone should leave by now..."

Cain sat on the other end of the room, his leg folded across the other one while the smile over his face hadn't disappeared. He was going to be leaving soon. I knew it.

Knox rose his gaze from his phone and moved his attention to me before clicking his eyes to his brother on the right side of the room. His jaw tightened. Here it comes. His phone went into his pocket and he turned to me.

"Not for the time being."

My eyes went wide, "What? He should leave!" I exclaimed.

"We wouldn't have known about Lucy if he hadn't told us. Cain's not the enemy here, nor is it Gideon—not anymore as he's not attacking us. But there's someone out there to get you and that's my only concern." Knox's fingers tightened around mine as he spoke. Worry laced in his tone.

I stared at him in disbelief, my lips parted just a little and I blinked twice, "What? No. He's—he's dangerous and so is Gideon." I rose my other hand, pointing a long finger at Cain. I couldn't lose. "You need to remove him."

"Not now, Candice."

Cain rose up from his seat and spread his arms in joy. The light flooding in from the ceiling shone over his teeth as he smiled widely, "Happy to be back! I'm going to start moving in." Before leaving the room, he glanced over his shoulder and winked at me.

I nearly groaned at the sight of him but contained myself from blowing up. How did Knox allow him to stay? What was wrong with him? Fuck. Cain was going to ruin me for losing the bet.

"But what about the sword?" I whipped my head around, grabbing Knox's attention.

"It's hidden. If Cain is here for the sword, he's never going to find it and neither will anyone else. Don't worry. It will be all fine. He's not the problem—at least not the problem we should be worrying about." Rubbing my back, he explained in a gentle tone.

I gritted my teeth while staring at the door where Cain had just left from. I agreed with Knox, he wasn't the problem anymore and nor was Gideon after we found out that Lucy had lied about everything. But was it possible she had been sent by my grandfather? It was a theory, one still not confirmed and there was no way I could actually confirm it.

Knox shifted toward me and tucked a strand of my hair behind my hair, "I got the chiller stocked with fresh blood. Drink it and if you sense something's wrong, then tell me. I'll give you mine," He whispered in the silence. "I don't think so we have much to worry about tonight anymore. The eclipse will pass by and I doubt Gideon will be bringing any destruction into Thornwood."

Destruction.

I wondered if that was true after his call earlier. He was going to make his way here and see me, no matter what it took.

Stepping closer to the windows, I looked outside, finding the sky nearly dark and the full moon making its way to the peak. It was rather a darker moon and it continued to change its color—into red. I swallowed hard and turned away from the window.

A while passed, I emptied two of the freshly stocked blood bags inside the chiller and kept the rest for later. The taste of it all was different which meant whatever I had been drinking for the past couple of weeks was something else or nothing. Why would Lucy do something as such? I had saved her from whatever she was running from, whether it was true or not. We gave her a play to stay, a title in the pack and all along she was here to fool us.

At the end of the day, only one question rang in my head. Did my grandfather send her? If so, why?

While walking past the hallway, I caught a brief glimpse of Cain's bedroom all the way to the end. The door was partly opened and some golden light escaped into the dark hallway. My neck whipped back, finding no one behind me. I clicked my tongue in my mouth before approaching the door to his bedroom.

Whatever he wanted for winning the bet, I already wanted to be done with it.

I swallowed hard and opened the door, letting myself in without any permission. It wasn't like I needed any. My eyes trailed across the room before landing over him. He seated on his favorite couch near to the large mirror opposite of his bed. Naked.

"I was wondering when you'd come..." he moved his hands behind his head and leaned all the way back.

I could tell, from his wet hair, that he had just showered. A towel, a very small towel hung over between his legs, barely covering his sex.

I rolled my eyes and slammed the door behind, "Just because Knox is manipulated by your sweet, concerning words doesn't mean I'm. I believe you're here for something and I guess it something sharp, pointy and has a gem inside." I said, placing a hand over my hip and another one over the square table.

It had been a long time since I had been in his room and just inhaling his scent from here took me to places I didn't want to go.

"Actually, you're right, I'm here for something," He probed his hips forward, and ruffled his fingers through his hair before continuing. I kept my attention far away from his lower. "It's round, though. A little tight, sometimes wet and never behaves." His gaze drifted all across my body.

I scoffed, "Is that what you want? To fuck me?"

"Oh, that's not true." He shook his head and quickly rose up from the seat while his brows collected. "I don't want to just fuck you," His gaze tore from mine as he moved behind. The tiny hair over my skin rose as I found him inching closer to my neck. "I want to do more than just fucking. After all, you did lose a bet and now, I get to have you in any way I want."

My stomach twisted. I held myself together and shook my head, "Not now."

"Whenever you want." The smile grew wider over his face. He was going to take his time to do what he wanted to do with me.

Knox was right around the bedroom across Cain's and I couldn't let him know anything. And there was already too much going on tonight with the eclipse.

Cain stepped away from me and glanced outside from the window where it began. "I hope you do know what the blood moon does to us werewolves." He said, under his breath.

The blood moon—the eclipse.

It was the same but different words.

And under the blood moon, werewolves were aroused more than usual, forcing them to hunt for any female.

Read the full book on Patreon, or on Inkitt.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions