24- Charlotte

Today is the day that we go home, only leaving the Thompson family here alone. I couldn't be any happier about that because I really need to be away from Mike. I never expected to feel the way I do after we ended our unexpected affair and I wish I could say our attraction and feelings also ended when we ended it but for me they didn't.

What hurts more is that Mike doesn't seem to be affected at all, yes I know it was just sex for him but I at least thought cared instead he is acting his usual way though he is keeping his distance from me, on one hand I'm glad as that means no chance of me blurting how my true feelings to him because I would be absolutely mortified.

I certainly don't want that to happen so the last three days I've tried to avoid being in the same room as him without making it too obvious.

"Hey Charlie" Mickey says walking into my room sending a smile my way before closing the door making me raise my eyebrow at him.

"Hey Mickey you ok?" I ask

"I wanted to come ask you the same think"he chuckles making me frown

"Yeah I'm fine why?" I ask confused looking over his face for a hint of what's going on.

He looks at me so seriously "Charlie, I know"

My heart drops when I hear his words, it begins pounding in my chest as my hands shake at my side "what do you know?" I stutter absolutely terrified because I just know he is talking about his dad and me.

"I know that you and my dad had a sort of situation ship" he says seriously sending me a look.

"I..I...we..."

"Charlie, I'm not here to be angry at you or even to say I'm going to tell anyone because I'm not. I've known about it since the night you both ended it"

Tears fill my eyes as my stomach begins to turn making me feel nauseous as the guilt fills me. Rushing towards the bathroom I begin throwing up in the toilet.

"I'm..soo..sorry" I stutter in between gags

"Fuck Charlie" he gasps shocked rubbing my back.

"S-sorry"

"Charlie calm down, Jesus"

Once I finish throwing up, brushing my teeth and washing my face I walk out taking a seat on my bed "Mickey I'm.."

"Don't Charlie, just stop" he says sternly and if it was another time I would've laughed but now is not the time "my dad explained everything to me, I don't know details of course but I know how it happened so we don't need to go over everything again. I saw you crying while running along the sand and found my dad at the cave in a..." he pauses "let's just say not the best of moods" he says as he sits on a chair opposite the bed.

"I just wanted to come check on you as you have been quiet these past few days, and you seem very sad."

I take a deep breath "I'm sorry Mickey for what I've done and how I have acted is absolutely disgusting and I feel absolutely terrible but I.."

"You love my dad" he states shocked "I mean I thought you had feelings for him but didn't expect love"

"I'm going to be honest with you Mickey but please don't tell your dad" I beg making him nod

"I promise I won't"

"After we ended it I couldn't stop crying, I've never felt that way before and I realised that I was in love with him" I cry "how fucked up is that"

"I'm sorry Charlie"

"You have absolutely nothing to feel sorry about Mickey, I shouldn't have done what I did and I wouldn't be feeling this way" I tell him tears continued to fall down my face. "Hopefully with me leaving today these fucked up feelings will leave"