Chapter 8: Turn Right to Go Left/Back to Work

[Then the screen shows the next morning and moves down to Sally exiting her building. Then, she hears Mater, who is heard laughing and cheering.]

Sally Carrera: Wow! [She then went to the crossroad, to which it is then shown that there is flat tarmac on the part of the road from the courthouse to the end of the crossroad. Mater driving around on the tarmac]

Tow Mater: Mornin', Sally! Hey, look at this here fancy new road that Lightnin' McQueen and the others done just made!

Sally Carrera: Yes! Ahmm. Amazing! [Luigi and Guido are also seen, impressed at the new tarmac. Then we see Ramone, who has changed his paint from purple to green. Ramone driving on the new tarmac, lifts his front up]

Ramone: Yeah! [sighs and moves his front back down]

Flo: Oh, Ramone, Mama ain't seen you that low in years.

Ramone: I haven't seen a road like this in years.

Flo: Well, then let's cruise, baby.

Ramone: Low and slow.

Luigi: [speaking Italian] È Bellissima! It's beautiful! Guido, look, it's a like it was paved by angels. Oh!!

Tow Mater: Oh, I tell ya what. I bet even the roads on the moon ain't this smooth.

Sally Carrera: Doc, look at this! Should a tossed them into the cactus a lot sooner, huh?

Doc Hudson: Well, they ain't finished yet. Still got a long way to go.

[Sally and Doc then turn around, as we notice that McQueen and the team still has the pave the rest of the road. Then the screen shows all of the other residents driving on the tarmac. Luigi is being towed by Mater.]

Luigi: Guido, look at Luigi! [Mater lets go, and Luigi slides across the tarmac at the crossroad. Luigi driving back and forth once across the tarmac, Luigi chuckling] This is fantastico!

Sally Carrera: That looks like fun! Mater, I got dibs, next turn!

Lizzie: Hey, Luigi, this new road makes your place look like a dump.

Luigi: [groans] That crazy old devil woman. [sighs as he and Guido get shocked at the look of their store] She's right!

Sally Carrera: [shrieks and sliding along the tarmac and back the other way]

Luigi: (weeping) Guido!

Doc Hudson: Huh! Those punks actually did a good job. [noticing Bessie on the other road] Well, now... where the heck are they?

[Then the screen shows Lightning McQueen in the desert driving on the same dirt road used for the racetrack. Doc then comes to Sheriff and the gang, who was watching McQueen.] Sheriff! Is he making another run for it?

Sheriff: No, no. He ran outta asphalt in the middle of the night, asked me if he could come down here. All he's trying to do is make that there turn.

Lightning McQueen: [slides off the track and onto the dirt] NO NO NO NO! Aw, great! [Doc laughs and driving back onto the track] Perfect turns on every track I've ever raced on.

Sweetie: Yeah, he still can't turn on dirt.

Chase: McQueen's got a lot to learn.

Doc Hudson: Sheriff, why don't you go get yourself a quart of oil at Flo's. I'll keep an eye on him with these guys.