2. The Place.

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην Hazzer123

Chapter 2-The Place.

I had been running for hours. I was breathing rapidly and sweating buckets. I could hardly keep my eyes open anymore. I could still feel the fear in the pit of my stomach. I was finally free, finally away from the constant beatings but I couldn't get over the uneasy feeling, what if he finds me? He's always hated losing things and he's always loved things going the way he's wanted. He'd definitely hate this.

I set foot on to the first bit of pavement I've seen for hours. Finally out of the forest, I felt more on edge. Cars were whizzing down the roads beside me, and any one of those cars could be Jakes. I grabbed my hood and lifted it over my head, hoping it would disguise me enough.

I continued to walk down the path. I passed a few shops and cafes. Most were closed considering it was early hours of the morning. The night sky was a cold vast expanse which enveloped the earth like a blanket littered with small dots of fire, it was magical.

I spotted a field in front of me so I made my way over to it and sat down on the short, green grass. A cluster of dark clouds sat above the field, it appeared dull, but nothing could shadow the blanket of grass underneath me. Near to the bushes in the distance, it looked gray like the clouds hung above it.

The sky was an empty space, it was infinitive. The sky always gave me peace as a child, whenever I was upset, I'd look at the sky. I hadn't seen the sky for nearly a year. I was always isolated, I was never allowed out the house, I was never allowed anywhere but my room and the kitchen. What sort of sick person would keep a 20 year old isolated? What sort of person would beat a 20 year old women up constantly? I knew he had a dark past; he witnessed his mothers death and his father nearly killed him. He did it for power, he did it because he was following his fathers footsteps.

I sighed in peace. I flopped down onto the grass and gazed into the night sky. My eye lids became heavy with tiredness and fatigue. I desperately needed to sleep.

***

He was here. He was making his way up to me. He wasn't walking; he was running. His face showed so much anger and hatred, his fists were clenched by the side of him. I knew what this meant, I was going to get killed.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He screamed. I got up and stepped back slightly, I turned around and ran as fast as I could away from him. I ran the fastest I've ever ran, my lungs felt full and my legs were beginning to ache but I knew I couldn't stop.

Suddenly, his hands landed on my waist and he dug his nails into my hips. I screamed in pain.

"Shh now. The fastest we get this done, the better." He whispered in my ear, I shuddered in disgust.

"I told you I'd find you. Why did you leave huh? Why!" He shouted in my ear angrily. He suddenly grasped the ends of my long hair and yanked them back. My head tilted with it. Tears were threatening to spill.

"You will pay Lexi, you will pay." He whispered while throwing me over his shoulder and dragging me back through the forest.

*

I woke up suddenly, my heart was pounding frantically in my chest. I put my hand to my chest and let out a deep breath. Thank god it was just a dream. It didn't help with the fear and uneasiness I already felt though.

I stood up and stretched. The grass was much more comftable than the bed I used to sleep in. I closed my eyes instantly to block out the bright light.

"Excuse me, what are you doing here?" A deep voice called out. I jumped and squealed in fright. I turned around quickly and came face to face with an old man. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt which had dark stains on it, a pair of dark trousers and a cap.