Aaron

age eighteen
--------------------

"Axel just get out!" I yelled at him.

"You're literally so annoying." He threw a pillow at me. It landed on my laptop and I swear I was ready to stand up and beat his ass.

"I'm telling you there's a party. Jax is throwing one at his house." Rolling my eyes, I leaned back in the chair. I didn't want to go. There was no fun in watching teens get drunk and embarrass themselves. Also, I had no friends that would be attending this party. Axel had his own minions following him around and I didn't want to be associated with them.

"And I told you I'm not going." I adjusted the glasses that had fallen way too low on my nose.

"Luna will be there." And at her name my body stilled. Luna. A female version of Axel, I swear. Someone that loved pissing me off. It was like her side job.

Luna was very extroverted, everyone loved her. There was no party that she didn't attend and I'm not surprised that she will be going to this one as well.

"Okay and? That doesn't concern me at all." The screen lit in a blue color. Damn, I lost the game.

"You know that Denver will be there as well." Of course, he will be. That piece of shit. Denver was the principal's son who thought he owned the world and also liked Luna. She had voiced a couple of times how she didn't like him back but that ugly rat doesn't understand no for an answer.

And of course, Axel knows how much I hate him for that.

"That's what I thought. Now get your ass up and get ready." Axel must have noticed the distasteful look on my face at the mention of Denver's name.

With that, he got out of my room and slammed the door after him.

Mom and Dad were not here tonight because they went on a date and Aurora was off to college with Apollo. There was no one home who would yell at Axel for acting the way he was. Slamming the doors, talking like he had a speaker in his throat.

I pushed the glasses off my face and rubbed my eyes.

I guess I'll go. I don't trust Denver and I definitely won't leave her there alone with him. As much as she irritates me, I can't help but feel protective of her.

Even though I wouldn't consider us friends, we grew up together so I feel some kind of responsibility towards her.

Getting up from the chair, I looked at the clock and it was past 9 p.m. The party will probably start around 10 pm so I had time to get ready.

Because I've been here sitting practically all day, I decided to take a quick shower.

Taking my clothes off, I went to the bathroom and started the water. After I was done showering, I dried my hair with a towel and wrapped one around my waist.

When I went to the bedroom, I took the phone and looked at the notifications. Axel has sent a photo of his shoes and Luna has sent a photo of her outfit in our group chat.

A group chat that I never wrote anything in. It was just them sending random stuff.

I clicked on her photo and zoomed in. She was dressed in her usual outfit of wide jeans and a sweater. The sweater was off-shoulder and exposed her crop top underneath.

Her hair was half up and she was smiling with her tongue sticking out of her mouth.

A chuckle left my lips.

I threw my phone back on the bed and I went to the closet. I chose a basic outfit. Black pants and a beige hoodie. This will do. It's not like I want to go there.