chapter 7

Aashi was in the midst of getting ready for the pooja. Five hours had passed since Maanveer left, and Aashi had applied mehendi on her hands, adding to the festive vibe. As she delicately adorned her necklace in front of the mirror, she heard the door opening. Turning, she saw Maanveer, looking utterly exhausted.

"I told you, Veer, not to fast. Look at your face; you seems so tired" she said, gently putting her necklace back.

"No, Jaana, I'm fine. It's just that they took so long," he replied, holding her waist.

"Veer, if you're not feeling well, please break your fast," she said, cupping his cheeks with worry evident in her eyes.

"I told you, I'm fine. Now, go and get ready quickly. The guests have started arriving," he said.

" Are you sure?," she asked hesitantly.

"Yes, Jaana, sure," he reassured, placing a tender kiss on her forehead.

"By the way, help me wearing this necklace. I've been trying for the past five minutes," she said, pouting.

"Of course," he chuckled, taking the necklace from her. He carefully removed her hair from her back and secured the necklace. Leaning down, he kissed her bare back, sending butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

"Did I give you a compliment, by the way?" he asked, his hands wrapped around her waist.

"No," she replied, rolling her eyes.

"You look incredibly beautiful. Like the queen that you are," he whispered into her ear, making her blush.

"Thank you, Veer," she said, blushing furiously.

"By the way, I love the pink hue on your cheeks," he remarked, his eyes filled with adoration.

"And the reason is only you," she replied with a shy smile. He placed a lingering kiss on her forehead, deepening her affection for him.

"You go ahead; I'll take a shower," he said, gently pulling away.

"Okay," she said, smiling at him before making her way to the main hall.

Aashi found some guests in the main hall and stopped on the stairs, feeling a sudden unease in her body. Shrugging it off, she approached the guests, putting on a smile. Mishka, her sister-in-law, came up to her.

"Bhabhisa, let's dance," Mishka said, leading her to the center of the hall.

As the music started, Aashi and Mishka began to dance.

Pyar mil jaye piya ka pyar mil jaaye
Haan aisa pyar mil jaaye
Gori shankar ji ke jaisi jodi ban jaaye
Han aisi jodi ban jaaye
Tode se na tute..chhode sa na tute
Aise bandh jaaye...aise bandh jaye...
Preet ho jaye amar ye
Preet ho jaye
Preet ki reet ho jaye.....

Aashi's eyes caught Maanveer coming down the stairs, and a smile spread across her face. In response, he smiled back at her, and she continued her dance. Maanveer joined his father, engaging in conversation with some guests.

Rang mein rang jaye
Sinduri rang mein rang jaye..
Han hum bhi aise rang jaye...
Gori mayya jaisi rangi hain
Shivji k rang mein...
Haan hum bhi aise rang jaye...
Hum ne jo spane bune haiin
Ankhoon mein jo saje haiin
Pure ho jayeee....pure ho jaye..

While dancing on these lines, Aashi glanced at Maanveer, and he understood her silent message. He blinked his eyes in assurance.

Janmo janmo tak
Piya ka sath mil jayeee...

Pyar mil jaye piya k pyar mil jaye
Haan aisa pyar mil jaye...
Gori shankar ji ke jaisi jodi ban jaye
Haan aisi jodi ban jaye...
Tode se na tute..chhode sa na tute
Aise bandh jaye...
Aise bandh jayee.....