⁰⁰² ⸝⸝ COMPETITION

"ALRIGHT GUYS, line up," Luma called out to the boys

"ALRIGHT GUYS, line up," Luma called out to the boys. Kazuha and Venti put the basketballs back before heading over.

"We have a game against the Akademiya on the twentieth," they explained, checking their clipboard. "We're gonna kick their ass once again!" Heizou exclaimed, throwing his hand out in excitement.

Luma chuckled sweetly. "I've heard they've upped their game, though—winning against Teyvat High and Liyue High." They flipped the page to check if their assumptions were correct.

"Eh, we got this." Venti shrugged. "This win's for you, Luma!" Heizou snapped his fingers towards them and winked. Scaramouche glared at him, but Luma missed it. They were too dense to notice anyways.

Heizou chuckled at the boy, clearly boasting how he was able to openly flirt with Luma and not him. Scaramouche huffed, facing Luma again.

"That's all, good night everyone," they bid their farewell to the boys, who headed to change. Luma inhaled deeply and began stuffing their items in their book bag.

୨୧

Yvette called the team over to discuss the upcoming match with Cecilia Academy.

"Ugh, are you serious?" "They're like the best of the best," Arjun and Vaani groaned, slouching. "Don't say that! We got this!" Shirina exclaimed. "Yes, we got this, we've already beat Teyvat High," Yvette encouraged.

"Yeah, all thanks to Alhaitham. But, what if he doesn't show up again?!" Arjun asked, holding his arm out towards him with a shocked face. "I'll show up to this one," Alhaitham said, shutting off his phone that he was reading an ebook on.

"Thanks," Yvette responded, her heart growing warm. She pressed her lips in a thin line. Why was this happening to her? Was she in love? No, she couldn't be. She's way too stubborn for that—especially with Alhaitham. He's someone who only pays attention to books and will completely ignore your presence if you're around him. He's not built for love, right?

In fact, the only reason he was even going to the basketball game was because she would be there. Cherry Beauguard. The two had gotten off on the wrong foot but can't stop thinking about each other. It's like he's obsessed with her, and she knows it.

"That's it for tonight, goodnight everyone," she said, politely before everyone went in their separate directions to change.

Yvette began packing up her things and began to head home. On the way, she called her friend and roommate of Alhaitham's, Kaveh, and told him about her recent encounter with Cherry and Alhaitham.

"I almost walked in on them making out," she said, quietly, into the phone, getting in her car. "Wait, Cherry and Alhaitham? But, they hate each other," Kaveh said on the other line.

"I know what I saw," she said in a monotone. "Strange, so do you know if they're together?" "No, I left immediately," she explained, backing out of the parking spot.

"Hm, keep me updated. I need to keep studying for the upcoming exam," Kaveh mentioned, hanging up. Yvette nodded to herself before getting into her car, ready to head home.

As she rode home, she pondered Cherry and Alhaitham's relationship. Were they dating? Was she just seeing things? Certainly not. She was well aware of who she saw.

Shaking her head, she figured it was none of her business. She was a bit upset though. Cherry was able to find her way into Alhaitham's heart but not her? Did she do something wrong?

Sighing, she continued on her way home.

୨୧

Komi groaned, slamming her hands against her textbook. "Is something wrong, Komi?" Ayato asked, curiously. "I'm failing Physics," she sighed out, covering her face with her hands.

"Oh, I see," he murmured. "Would you like me to tutor you?" He offered, smiling generously. "You would...do that?" Komi trailed off, shocked that her crush would offer something where they would be in close quarters together.

"Of course, you've done a lot for my sister after all," he explained. "T—Thank you." "Kamisato, Sakamoto, please exit the class," Miss Yelan spoke, causing the students to drift their eyes towards the ombré haired teacher.

"Yes, sorry, Miss Yelan," Komi replied, grabbing her things and heading out with Ayato. "So, how about every Friday after school? Does that work?" Ayato asked, glancing down at Komi. He had a certain glint in his eyes that Komi couldn't make out.

"Sure, that works," she said, almost dreamily. "Perfect, my place or yours?" His brow quirked. "Mine works," she said in the same tone again. "Alright." He smiled, taking her hand in his. Komi kept her head down, blushing furiously.

"Hey guys," Luma spoke, heading up to them. "Luma!" Komi exclaimed, shocked to see them. They had a smirk on their face, making Komi blush even harder. "I was gonna say we have a game on the twentieth. Please make it if you can. I love to see you guys together."

"We shall be there. Right, Komi?" Ayato looked at her for a response. "Y—Yeah, we'll be there, together," she stammered, speaking dreamily again. Her mind focused on the thought of being together with Ayato. It would've been a dream come true.

"Great, thanks guys!" Luma exclaimed, heading off.

changed up the plot a bit and added my other oc, Cherry

changed up the plot a bit and added my other oc, Cherry. i hope u guys don't mind!! anyways hope u enjoyed this chapter. ik it's short but it's better than nothing

also forgot to mention i made up most of the akademiya's team bc I didn't know who would actually be on it😭😭