- Eleventh -

Standing a little apart, Jungkook watched Taehyung playing with the sunflowers. They were lucky, the park wasn't very busy, so it was just the two of them here. This place wasn't very well known, mainly because it was quite far from the centre of Seoul. Here you couldn't hear the cars and you could barely see the skyscrapers in the distance. It was peaceful, a little corner of paradise for flower lovers. There were all kinds, but Jungkook knew that these were the ones that would please the boy. And from his adorable reaction, the gangster knew he'd won his bet.

Taehyung marvelled at every flower he saw, moving from one to the next with a childish chuckle. He watched each golden petal with his big doe eyes, filled with innocent curiosity. Jungkook couldn't resist taking out his phone and discreetly taking a photo of the boy. It was a moment he wanted to immortalise. He didn't really know why, but he didn't want to forget it. He wanted to have a record of it that he could look at whenever he felt like it, taking him back to that wonderful memory. Of all the ones he had, it was undoubtedly the most soothing and the happiest.

Happy.

Jungkook never thought that word would ever cross his mind. For him, it was a word that would never be part of his vocabulary. After all, he didn't live to be happy. What was he living for then? Honestly, he couldn't answer that question. For his work? for his gang? for killing? Because he was alive, quite simply. Because he was alive and no one had yet managed to kill him. That was the only reason he was alive. He certainly wasn't living to be happy.

But then, what was he feeling right now? For once, he wasn't angry. He wasn't feeling that irritation, that usual burning, that fire that normally consumed his whole being. And that only happened when he was with Taehyung. The rest of the time, the rage returned. As soon as Taehyung moved away from him, as soon as he left his field of vision, the anger took over again, starting to flow through his veins. What the boy was making him feel was strange. It was new, and perhaps even worrying. Not unpleasant, on the contrary. But yes, perhaps worrying.

"K-Kookie?"

Jungkook was suddenly drawn out of his thoughts, and his eyes immediately fell on the boy standing in front of him, who had for a few minutes now left the flowers to watch him with a hint of worry in his eyes.

"What's the matter, pup?"

"A-Are you all right?"

Jungkook couldn't control the small smile that formed on his lips. Even though Taehyung was making him different, even though he was starting to feel things that weren't like him, Jungkook wasn't ready to part with the boy. He'd only known Taehyung for just under two weeks, but Jungkook knew that wasn't enough for him. He wanted to spend more time with Taehyung, more and more. He didn't want to be separated from him.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jungkook asked in return, with a small mocking smile on his lips.

Taehyung immediately noticed the mocking look on the gangster's face and pouted. A pout that Jungkook found absolutely adorable.

"D-Don't laugh at me...!" Taehyung grumbled, like a capricious child.

Jungkook held back a laugh.

"I'm not laughing at you, pup. On the contrary. You're just so cute when you're sulking that I want to tease you a bit more."

This remark made the boy blush, and he immediately stepped aside and turned to hide, bringing his hands to his face to make it more effective.

"You know I can still see you, pup?"

"Moh s-stop!" Taehyung whimpered, feeling his cheeks getting hotter and hotter.

Jungkook was making him feel new things. He wasn't sure what it was, but it was different from anything he'd ever known. And even if it scared him, it was also pleasant. Even though he was embarrassed by his compliments, Taehyung loved it when Jungkook said them to him. He wanted the man to think he was pretty, he wanted to be beautiful in his eyes, and his heart warmed every time Jungkook let him know that was the case.

Seeing that Taehyung was all embarrassed, Jungkook approached him, laughing.

"Sorry, pup, I'll stop, I promise. What do you want to do now? Do you want to stay here?"

He automatically bent down to pick up the boy's bag, which he had immediately abandoned when he arrived to go and look at the flowers. And he was surprised to see that it was quite heavy.

"Tae, what's in your bag that makes it so heavy?"

The teenager turned round, his cheeks a little less red than before.

"Ah, m-my pencils and s-sheets..."

Oh, so that was it. Strangely enough, the gangster wasn't that surprised. He'd realised by now who Taehyung was, and also that drawing was probably his only way of escaping his problems, of expressing feelings that he didn't quite understand himself. Having them with him all the time must have helped him to relax and reduce his anxiety. It was his safe place.

An idea suddenly popped into his head.

"Hey, pup, why don't you draw? Seeing them in real life is even better for your drawings, isn't it?"

It took a moment for Taehyung to understand what he had just suggested, but when he did, the boy's eyes lit up, shining even brighter than the golden petals behind him.

"Oh y-yes!"

Taehyung rushed over to the bag Jungkook was handing him and happily began rummaging through it, pulling out a notebook and his pencil case.

"C-Can I sit on the floor?" he asked shyly. "I-I'm allowed?"

Jungkook frowned. Why was he asking permission for something so insignificant? Besides, it was just the two of them here, he wouldn't be bothering anyone by sitting down.

"Of course, pup."

Taehyung nodded cheerfully and hurried off to the sunflowers, settling down in front of one of them. He began to draw it very seriously, his tongue sticking out slightly, showing his concentration. Jungkook approached him discreetly, trying not to disturb him, and watched him silently.

They stayed like that for a while, in this pleasant silence. Strangely enough, it didn't disturb either of them, who were revelling in the silence that belonged to them alone. They didn't have to talk, but they knew they could whenever they wanted. Taehyung liked it, he didn't feel uncomfortable with the gangster. Even Jungkook, who didn't think he'd appreciate silence like this, was liking it much more than expected. It was their own little moment, their own world.

"K-Kookie?" Taehyung finally asked, in a small, shy voice.

The man turned to him, humming to let him know he was listening.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Jungkook gave him a smile that he wanted to reassure him, even though he wasn't sure he was really capable of doing so. However, it had the desired effect on Taehyung, who visibly relaxed.

"Of course, pup."

The boy began to run his tongue over his lips nervously, searching for words.

"D-Do you... do you want to be my friend?"

The gangster's gaze softened immediately.

"Do you really want me to be your friend?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Y-You'd be the first..."

Jungkook felt his heart clench as he heard the pain in his voice. How could anyone make someone so sweet and innocent suffer? Even the cruel man he was couldn't resist this adorable angel.

"Hm. Let's be friends, Taehyung."

A beautiful smile spread across the boy's lips as he tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. But it was no use, the pain of his loneliness was far too heavy. He could only watch the drops beading on his brand new drawing. It was the first time he had seen sunflowers in real life, and not through a book. Everything was new to him, even that warmth in his chest. And it was all thanks to one person.

"T-Thank you Kookie..." he sobbed, his smile never leaving his lips. "T-Thank you..."