I'm Not The Real Santa.

I'm 17, now living in a house with my girlfriend Samantha. This was 10 years ago on Christmas Eve and to this day I am traumatised from the things I witnessed on that night.

As a 7 year old boy, I was extremely thrilled about the upcoming events of Christmas and overall just the things I would get. I couldn't get any sleep at all no matter how much I tried. You know every other kid in the world can't sleep without continuously repeating Christmas morning in their head, It's very common. 

It was around 12:25am, way past my bed time.  I only knew that because I had a mini clock at the side of my bed at the time. I was drawing out what I thought Santa Claus would look like until I heard a noise coming from my basement. At the time my parents kept the Christmas tree in there since my living room wasn't that fancy. Normally I wouldn't hear noises in the basement since it was so far away but the house was dead quiet.

I heard wrapping sort of noises and guessed it was Santa Claus stopping by to deliver the presents, that was until I heard a screaming noise just loud enough for me to hear. It lasted about 2 seconds until it suddenly stopped as if someone covered their mouth.

I tiptoed quietly into my parents bedroom and they were both sleeping at that point, I was so curious to see what Santa was doing so I went downstairs to check.

I was outside the basement door.

It was so dark in there, so eerie. I tiptoed quietly down the stairs until I could see a figure standing in the corner of the room next to the mini lamp on the desk.

''Santa..?'' I said, in my sweet innocent voice.

''Go back to bed. You're not supposed to be down here... I'm delivering the presents.''

A dripping noise was heard from behind me. I grabbed the lamp that was stood next to him and pointed it to the direction of the dripping. I screamed in horror because of what I saw. 

Two dead bodies were hung with candy canes hanging out of their mouths, blood dripping from the candy. Their throats were slit open and their eyes were wide.

That man was not Santa.

I looked at the Christmas tree to see no presents, but a bloody knife at the corner of it with the name written ''Jack.'' on a sticky note. I ran as fast as I could upstairs and screamed loud before the man could lay hands on me. My parents came downstairs in a hurry and called the police immediately. That man was never seen again and is still in prison to this day.