13; Love Undefined

If it causes you to cross oceans for love, do it, my love.

—H.

❥⁠˙⁠๑

Him

Holding his hands behind his back, he awaits his dear wife as they just newly got wedded.

Surrounded by the illumination of their room and the sweet fragrance that brings forth pleasantness and soothness, he keeps an eye on the door of their room open and his wife enters the room with her face bowed down.

His sister along with his wife's friends leave. The door closes behind his wife, followed by their mischievous giggles.

Adam doesn't mind anything because all that matters to him now is his beautiful wife who has made efforts to look good only for him. To his eyes only.

She is wearing a white heavy garment, adorned with heavy embroidery. Pleasing to the eyes and alluring to the hearts are the ornaments she has decorated herself with. Adam can't refuse his eyes to behold his wife who is so dear to his soul.

"Nora," he calls her as they seal the distance between each other. He holds her hands and kisses the back of her palms one by one while gazing at her face, especially into her sky-blue eyes.

"Rahat to my rooh," he says, and to the blessing of his eyes, he sees how beautifully she smiles at him. Words have fallen short of describing how his heart reacts to it.

Perhaps it has fallen in love with her once again.

"Adam," she calls him softly, stepping closer as he wraps his arms around her waist, and saying to him from the depth of her heart, "Beats to my heart."

He can't help but smile, unable to hide the love in his eyes he has for her. Love that can't be measured. Love that can't be fathomed. He has loved her so deeply from the very beginning of the collision of their fates that the fairness of it can't be seen unless the eyes are pure. Can say he has waited enough to have her and finally when she was in his arms with the right to be called his wife, he had forgotten all the years he had spent without her and nevertheless wanted her in secret until he couldn't do it anymore.

Falling for Nora was such a blessing to him.

"I used to say that I'd marry you someday."

"Well, you have me now as your husband."

With a soft smile, she throws her arms around his neck, pulling him in for a hug. He engulfs her, too, in his arms, sinking into the warmth, and kissing her neck.

Nora was Adam's home. Like they were made for each other, they breathed in each other's memories whenever away from each other. Adam's love for Nora never ceased. Nor ever Nora's soul stopped longing for Adam. In each other's arms, they had a world out of this corrupted and sinful place where their hearts would connect and beat in harmony.

"Are you leaving?" His deep voice and yearning tone get her attention.

She tugs a wisp of her hair behind her ear. Adam watches her, mesmerized. The sun rays entering their room through the window behind her peek through the curtains of her blonde hair, making them shine like threads of gold.

"Don't you want me to?" She questions back, holding the satin sheet close to her naked chest.

He innocently denies it, gesturing through his head. "Agar mera bas chale to tumhe khud se door jaane hi na du."