HOW TO MAKE IT EASY

MAKE IT EASY

Here the author wants to tell us that we don't want the best approach for taking action. As Voltaire once said "the best is the enemy of good".

I refer to this as the difference between being in motion and taking action . The two ideas sound similar but they are not the same. When you are in motion you are planning and learning this is a good thing but doesn't produce result.

Motion makes you feel like you are getting things done . But really you are just preparing to get something done. When preparation becomes a form of procrastination , you need to change something . You don't want to be merely planning . You want to be practicing.

             The law of least effort

The law of friction States that the greater the friction, the less likely habit will occur. For example - if your goal is to do 100 pushups each day so start with 1 pushup each day only then you will be more likely to reach the habit more effortlessly.

Stop procrastinating by two minutes rule:-

Two minutes rule states that when you start a new habit it should take less than two minutes to do. For example - read before bed should be read one page. Study for class should be opening your notes .

We rarely think about change this way because everyone is consumed by the end goal. But one push-up is better than not exercising . One minute of guitar practicing is better than none at all. It's better to do less than you hope than to do nothing at all.

How to make good habits inevitable and bad habit impossible:

The best way to break a bad habit is to make it impractical to do. Increase the friction until you don't even have the option to act. For example - if you want to make a reading habit , simply place a bunch of books next to your bed.

NEXT LART COMING SOON
HOW TO MAKE IT SATISFYING?