Chapter 1 [Episode 1-5]

[Episode 1: Pokémon! I Choose You]

Pokémon!

What exactly is Pokemon?

To answer that question truthfully and directly, Pokemon are some of the most amazing beings to ever walk the face of this world.Pokemon come in all shapes and sizes with different attributes too, which are known as “types”.

These creatures known as Pokemon also have incredible powers, having the ability to bend the laws of nature and physics to their own will. The abilities that these Pokémons possess can only be called as nothing more than “miracles” in the eyes of human beings.

Ever since they have existed, humans have received help from these incredible beings in many ways. And as time passed on, humans have grown closer to Pokemons. Some people keep Pokemon as pets, some see them as comrades, and many people catch Pokemon in order to battle alongside them. 

For as long as humans have been together with Pokémons, they have been using Pokemon to battle one another. Pokemon battling quickly became a hobby in its early days, and eventually, it grew into a game that everyone wanted to take part in. Starting at a certain age, depending on in which part of the world they live, children were expected to leave home and go on their own Pokemon journey in order to see the world from their own eyes and for their own development by learning more about themselves and others around them.

And his story is one such story. A story of these humans and  Pokémons, and their endless dreams.

After all, dreams have no end. 

...

Kanto was one of the warmer regions of the world. It was a region that was growing more advanced day by day. However, there was one such town completely unaffected by these developments. In the southwestern part of the region, there existed the harmonious town of Pallet, formerly known as Purity Town. It was a quiet and peaceful town where people and Pokémon lived in harmony. Truly a perfect calm before the storm that was to come.

Our protagonists,  Ash Ketchum is a young and ambitious boy who recently turned ten years old and has the goal of becoming a Pokémon Master. Ash is a skinny, slender preteen with a dark shade of cyan hair, slightly tan skin, and brown eyes with two distinctive lightning bolt-like markings for cheeks underneath each eye.

Ash was watching the most famous battle of the Kanto region, one between two rivals for the title of Champion of the Kanto League. Unfortunately, Ash was watching it at midnight, so naturally, his mother, Delia Ketchum, came and scolded him for being awake and watching TV at this hour. Ash argued back, telling her that he couldn't sleep because he was going to start his journey tomorrow.

Knowing how stubborn her son could be, Delia sighed before changing the TV channel and telling her son to at least watch something productive. On the TV, the world's most renowned Professor, Professor Oak, who was also surprisingly a resident of Pallet Town, was explaining about the three Pokémons that were usually handed out to the new trainers that were sponsored by Professor Oak.

The Bulb Pokémon, Bulbasaur.
.
.
.

The Lizard Pokémon, Charmander.
.
.
.

The Tiny Turtle Pokémon, Squirtle.
.
.
.

And since these Pokémons were handed out to trainers who were starting on their career and journey as Pokémon trainers, these Pokémons were given the term 'Starter Pokémon'.

Delia tells her son to sleep once he finishes the program, which he agrees to do. Later that night, Ash dreams about which Pokémon he should pick, accidentally breaking his alarm clock in the process. This resulted in him walking up late, so when he arrived at Professor Oaks' lab, there was no other Starter Pokémon left for the raven-haired boy, much to his horror.