10) Home

---✿---

(Mom)

Come home today.
It's important.

"Who is it?" Riwoo asked curiously.

"It's my mom..." Jaehyun said in a cold manner as his sadness quickly shifted into annoyance.

"Oh wow, you're really having a wonderful day aren't you?" The elder tried to joke with Jaehyun to lighten the mood but it failed.

Just as the bell rang, signalling the end of the day, Jaehyun stood up, grabbed his things, and quickly walked out of their classroom. Riwoo now felt even more concerned for the lost boy and a little confused as well, as he watched him march away.

-----

Jaehyun was now in front of his mom's house, almost shaking at the thought of even opening the door. Although on the outside it seemed like a completely normal house he knew on the inside it was a sinkhole, a spider's web ready to wrap him up in its silky cocoon and save him for later, and yet he still walked in.

"Agh you're finally home, took you long enough." Jaehyun's mother immediately began spitting her venom the second he walked in.

"Yeah, hello to you too, my day was great." Jaehyun rolled his eyes and gave his mother a sarcastic smirk.

"Cut the fucking attitude, ok? I already told you if you show me that stupid look of yours again I'm going to cut your allowance." She threatened while sitting down on her living room chair and rubbing her eyebrows in frustration.

Jaehyun quickly shut himself up before he could say anything else as he sat on the couch on the opposite side of the living room from her.

Mrs Myung sighed before she spoke again. "I just want to give you a heads up-"

"A heads up, wow this is new?" Jaehyun sassed, knowing his mother often just does things without asking him or plans things that involve him and doesn't tell him until an hour before.

"Jaehyun I swear to fucking god if you don't shut up..." Mrs Myung sat up looking like she was ready to go over and hit him but she managed to stop herself towards the end. "Look, I don't have to do this, I could just strip you from your 'real home' on the day of without a word but I'm trying to be nice here." She said through her teeth.

"What? What are you talking about?" Jaehyun scoffed, not quite understanding what she was implying.

"We're moving Jaehyun, to the US, in 2 weeks." Mrs Myung said as she leaned back in her chair almost excited to see Jaehyun's distraught face.

Jaehyun froze, he didn't know how to react. How could she have decided this without even telling him?

"You- you can't do this, you can't make me go, you don't even want me anyways, you never have." Jaehyun stuttered as he began to panic.

Mrs Myung sighed again at his childness as she stood up and slowly walked towards her son. "Yes I can Jaehyun, I'm your legal guardian, I can take you wherever I want. But you're not wrong, I don't want you but I am a woman of great pride. How do you think my peers are going to think of me ditching my only air to my late husband's company?"

"I don't care about what your peers think and I'm not going anywhere with you! I'm going to stay here with my real family!" Jaehyun yelled back not caring about the consequences he knew were coming his way.

"Your real family?" His mother laughed before getting a little closer. "You don't have a fucking real family, not since the day you killed your father!" She yelled as she slapped Jaehyun across the face.

He began to tear up but he expected this. Jaehyun might not have predicted the news he was going to hear today but he already knew exactly how the conversation would end, his mother blaming him for his father's death.

Jaehyun's father died when he was 5 years old in a car accident. You would think there would be no one to blame in that situation except for maybe the other driver but his mother still found a way to blame him.

At the time Jaehyun was in school and decided to fake being sick to get out early. As his father was on his way to pick him up, he got into a severe car accident causing him to die from internal bleeding only a few hours later.

His mother prior to that accident was a wonderful woman. She was very career-driven but still always found time to be with her son and husband. But after the accident, she immediately grew cold and slowly went insane. She began blaming Jaehyun for the accident saying if he hadn't pretended to be sick that day she would still have her husband. Therefore to this day she still believes Jaehyun killed his father.

"I'm sorry, Mom..." Jaehyun whispered underneath a mask of his own tears.

-----

Meanwhile, at Leehan's house, Woonhak just finished having a much-needed wake-up call.

"I like Jaehyun..." Woonhak felt numb after the statement.

"There we go," Leehan said once his hard work finally paid off.

"I have to go," The younger whispered as he slowly got up and grabbed his things.

"Oh- um- ok, sorry if I just gave you an unwanted epiphany," Leehan said as he watched Woonhak walk to the door.

"Ha, it's ok clearly I needed it." Woonhak chuckled awkwardly before opening the door. "Thank you Leehan, I'll see you tomorrow." He said while closing the door behind him.

The second Woonhak stepped out of Leehan's house he pulled out his phone and texted Jaehyun.

(Jaehyun)

Jaehyun I'm really really worried about you and I hope you're okay but please let me know when you're done

But not long after Woonhak texted, Jaehyun responded.

Meet me at the park

He answered simply which made Woonhak a little more worried but he still rushed over to the park near his house where they used to play a lot as kids.

Once Woonhak made it he sat down on one of the swings as he waited for the other. Although he was worried for Jaehyun, he still couldn't help but be excited. Woonhak planned to tell Jaehyun his feelings in hopes that he would feel the same.

As he began picturing him and Jaehyun in a relationship he felt himself grinning and almost getting giddy at the thought. But once he actually saw Jaehyun walking towards him, his heart clenched. Jaehyun was crying?

Woonhak immediately stood up from his swing and ran over to hug the elder. "Jaehyun, what's wrong?" He asked in a panic.

"I'm- I'm moving." Jaehyun managed to stutter out before burying his tear-stained face in the crook of the younger's neck.

"What?" Woonhak's heart stopped as all thoughts of confessing to the elder flew away.

---✿---

ac: HAPPY WOONHAK DAY!!! 🎉🎂

Believe me, I know this chapter was sad but don't forget your present that's already out now!!