Chapter 21: It Was The Nightingale

This chapter is brought to you by 忘れじの言の葉 by DAZBEE.

---

There was always some apprehension among his unit when the mission required seduction. It wasn't as if NIne was not unused to intimacy, though he did loath it since he found the targets unworthy of even breathing. 

However, some infiltrations required killing the targets as discreetly as he could whilst disgracing them, so what better way to do so than to pretend to take them to bed?

Seduction, according to Robin, was an important skill to learn if one wanted to be the best of the best. Rarely did it mean sleeping with the targets, but enticing them just enough to want one's attention was the opening any seducer worth their salt needed to sink a blade. 

Robin was a seduction specialist. He didn't quite look the part, being as plain as he was, but he had a pair of eyes he often lined with red, and it was enough to attract any target. 

He took one look at Nine and insisted he just needed to dress up and sit still, and most targets would come to him like fly to honey. 

Lord Uncle did not agree with Robin's teaching methods, nor did he sign off on allowing Nine to participate in the seduction course, but his Lady Aunt was the one who signed off the paperwork and by the time he found out, it was too late.

"You're doing what?!"

The way his Lord Uncle stormed into Lord Eartha's office with the rage of a tiger was astounding. 

Nine almost thought the building would collapse. 

Thankfully, someone had the mind to summon his Lady Aunt. She arrived just in time, as everyone feared the city lord would be assassinated.  

This was all to say that Nine believed himself capable of seducing a target. 

He followed what Robin said and donned the clothes that would do the job. 

It was often something sheer, with loose pants that sat at the hip bone and exposed the ankles, a cropped shirt made from silk, and pointed soft shoes that were more slippers than functional shoes. 

"People find this attractive?"

"It leaves room to the imagination, but also a preview."

"I look like I'm heading for bed." 

"You certainly do." 

One of the newer recruits, a young man who went by the name Sparrow, got whacked in the head for that comment, though Nine had no idea why. 

Nine figured all his targets had poor taste in clothes.

The door of the cell opened up to reveal several men leering at him with disgusting glints in their eyes. 

Nine kept his head down.  

His wrists were shackled together, and the chains were connected to the walls. He was sitting in a helpless sort of way that made him seem more vulnerable. Robin called it a damsel-pose. 

He was roughly pulled to his feet, though one of the men barked an order to "be careful with the goods. Can't have him bruising this early." 

Cue more lascivious stares.

Nine raised his head slightly and saw three shadows on the ceiling. 

"Cat, Siamese has finished setting the bombs and Dreamer took the records. All shareholders have been successfully eliminated by Peacemaker," Venus reported.