Escape From New York

S5: E1

Sienna's hands were still stained with Ezra's blood. She had scrubbed them as hard as she could but the crimson specs burrowed between crevices. She thought it was fitting. Once again she had blood on her hands. Neither time were necessarily her fault, but both times the mission was her. Someone was out for blood. And Sienna knew that the next time blood were to be spilled, it would be hers.

Sienna watched from the fire escape above as Aria fought the girls for a chance to go with Ezra. It was risky. For all of them to be so close. All it would take was one person to recognize them or for Noel to tell the wrong lie and they would be caught. Hopefully years of lying would pay off.

"I can't imagine how she's feeling." Sienna murmured to Alison. Sienna had been wringing her hands together as she watched the scene below them. Anxiety, guilt, and grief flooded her system but so did anger.

"I can." Alison says. "She's felt like the rug has been torn out from underneath her. She feels betrayed and she's scared. She's angry." There was something fatal in Alison's words, like she had more to say. "It's the same way Emily felt when I died. It's the same way that Jason still feels."  She turned to her brunette friend, anger and determination scorched her face.

"Alison... you know I can't go back." Guilt clawed at Sienna's throat. She wanted to desperately but how could she ever be the girl she once was? How could they? She was a murderer and as soon as everyone found out she would be punished.

"That's bullshit and we both know it." Alison finalized. Sienna straightened up, feeling like she'd been whipped. Alison had never been this blunt with her about their situation. "I know how difficult leaving was and I know what it means to go back. But we have a chance. If this goes right, if we capture A tonight. There's no reason for you to stay away anymore."

"There's every reason for me to stay away," Sienna quickly quipped. "I killed my sister, Alison. I faked my death. They're not just gonna let that go. Even if we catch A and go back, even if I push away my fears, there will always be that threat over my shoulder ready to tear down everything and everyone I care about."

"It was self defense, Sienna. We all know that. It was you or her and the cops will know that too. If A is gone then everyone will have to listen to you." Alison argued. Sienna shook her head and stared down at their friends below. It was never that easy. Ever.

"I love you, Sienna. And I want you to be happy. But this isn't just about you. Our friends came for us. You don't think our families would too? You don't think Jason would be the first person by your side?"

"It doesn't matter what I think, it matters what I know. We hurt a lot of people. Our situations are different Alison. And besides, our friends? They didn't come for us, they came for you. It would be the same for our families. If I stayed away, no one would even question if I was out here."Sienna's thoughts consumed her, gnawing away at her throat and threatening to consume her bones. Jenna would be better off with one less crazy twin. Lola had already begun to live without her. And Jason. He loved her but could love truly go far enough to forgive death?

"They would. I don't know why A never mentioned you to the girls or why they're so focused on you and April. But I do know that people love you and they would fight for your return."

Sienna's eyes broached the horizon, mulling over Alison's words. Her heart fighting her brain and leading her towards Rosewood. Towards home.

The sound of sirens and the revving of the ambulance pulled her back. A's blackened shadow enclosing the top of the vehicle.

"A's on the move, let's go." She finalized.

[~]

Sienna's mission for the night had changed due to the circumstances. If they really were going to catch A tonight then they would need a liar in the shadows. The girl who has stayed hidden for years and had stayed off of A's radar.