Chapter 2: Allies and Enemies

Pov: Kin Rakku

Classes seemed to take forever I don't know if it was because I hadn't been to school in two years or the fact that I never really paid attention.

The whole time through our introductions and classes Ryuen shot me dirty looks the whole time.

Right when classes ended people already started forming friend groups. (I need to figure out what to do about this main event).

I got up to leave but I was stopped by Shiina "Rakku, you should come with us we're going to the convince store to get some medical supplies for Tokito".

Tokito, Shiina, and another girl who introduced herself as Takeko Nishino.

I used my observation skills to see her stats.

The difference between your levels is too high to read.

I looked at her with a shocked expression but she noticed, "What's with that look"? "My bad it's nothing, Let's get going".

We all grabbed our bags and left but while walking the infamous blue screen with the heading DECIDE at the top.

[Task name: 1vs1
Beat Nishino at a game of her choice

Reward: Gain Takeko Nishino's respect and
22,000 private points.

Punishment: If the game is lost you lose 20,000 private points, and she will join Ryuen's faction.]

I don't think the system would give me this task if it wasn't worth it.

I pressed accept right as we walked into the convenience store. Tokito and Shiina walked off to find the medicine, while I followed Nishino but kept a little distance due to my negative skill.

She walked all the way to the back of the convenience store stopped at a section that said free supplies and started putting stuff in her basket.

"Why would there be free stuff if we're supposed to get 100,000 points monthly"? I said this out loud but to no one in particular. "You noticed too huh"?
Nishino said to me.

"Maybe it's for people who run out a point a little ear-". Before I could finish my statement She cut me off "Wrong, I thought you'd be smarter the way you opposed Ryuen".

"I am I was just testing you to see if you knew". Due to my mask skills, I actually sounded convincing. I finally worked up the courage to challenge her "Hey let's play a game".

"Yeah, we'll play any game of your choosing and if you win I'll give you 20,000 Private points". Nishino thought about the offer for a moment before answering. "What do you want if you somehow manage to win".

"Oh that's easy I want you to help me dethrone Ryuen". She instantly rejected my offer "Nope, even if you somehow manage to beat me I can't afford the risk of getting in Ryuen's way".