𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

a/n: nat and you babysit over the weekend

"We're doing what, Y/N?", Natasha asks in disbelief as you're driving into the gateway of your friends' house. You chuckle and park next to their car.

"Taking care of their kids, Nat. They're going away for the weekend and needed someone to take care of Lilli and Jasper."

"They could've asked their parents." Your girlfriend unbuckles herself and then turns around to look at you. She seems a bit frustrated.

"They could, but Pete's parents live in Canada and Johanna's are either dead or have dementia. So that option kind of disappeared." You get out of the car and take your bag before walking up to the redhead. You reach out your hand and she takes it, her face showing you she's still a bit mad.

You ring the doorbell and seconds later it gets opened by Johanna. The blonde smiles excitedly, taking you into a hug. "Y/N, hi! Thank you so much for doing this. I hope the drive was nice."

"It was good, Jo.", you assure her and lightly nudge Natasha. She puts on a smile and shakes your friend's hand.

"I'm Natasha Romanoff, nice to meet you."

"Oh, you're her secret girlfriend, right? She talks about you all the time, but refused to let us meet you.", Johanna jokes and then leads you into the house, right to the living room. There is Pete with the children, holding the baby boy as their daughter plays with dolls.

"Hey, Y/N.", the bearded man smiles when he sees you. "Who's the redhead?"

"That's my girlfriend, Natasha.", you introduce her, noticing the pride in your voice. You just can't help it, you love her too much.

She says a quick 'hello' and holds onto your arm with an unusual kind of shyness. You glance at her, a bit worried, but then you shrug it off mentally and decide to join Pete and the kids on the couch. You sit down, Nat right next to you, and greet the five year old girl.

"Hi, Lilli! How are you, sweetie?", you ask with a smile as you reach out your arms. Her blonde locks bob up and down as she runs into your arms, hugging you happily.

"Auntie Y/N!", she giggles and you kiss her cheek.

. . .

An hour later Johanna and Pete have left for their holidays in a romantic inn, leaving Natasha and you alone with the kids. You have some experience in babysitting, so you're hopeful that the three days won't be too challenging and exhausting.

You tell Natasha to watch Lilli as Jasper needed a diaper change, and when you return, the girls are sitting on the floor with a bowl of pretzels in their middle, Spongebob playing on TV. A smile makes its way onto your face.

"Having fun?", you ask and sit down on the couch, the small boy in your lap. He is six months old and cute as hell, but also heavier than you would've expected him to be.

"Yep!", Lilli says and claps her hands. "Look, Nat - that's Gary, Spongebob's pet. I want a pet too, but my daddy's allergic so I can't."

"That's too sad, Lilli.", my girlfriend replies and looks at me. Her eyes are warm and full of love, awakening a fuzzy feeling in your stomach. You send her a smile, making one appear on her face as well.

They watch two more episodes while you entertain Jasper, and then you decide that they've had enough.

"Alright, kiddos.", you say and get up, the baby on your hip with an arm around him for support. "It's already 2, so how about some lunch?"

Lilli nods excitedly and storms into the kitchen, you both following behind her.

In the kitchen, you first have to decide what to eat. You suggest sandwiches, Natasha thinks spaghetti would be good and Lilli begs you to get her McDonalds.