IN THE WOODS

The busy steets buzzed with a mix of noises. Everyone going on with their day-to-day life. I took out my phone and checked my social media. A message popped up on my phone. It was my boyfriend who was in London.

Love: I have a surprise for you.

Me: OMG I missed you!

Me: Are you coming back?

Me: How's work going on?

Silence.

Me: Are you there?

Me: Okay you must be busy

Me: text me as soon as you get off from work

Me: I love you

I walked down the street. The crowd was thinning as the night was crawling up. My house is a forty minutes walk from my office. And the boss is making me do a lot of overtime these days. Until our next product launch, it's gonna be that way I guess. Early mornings and late nights of work and a load of stress.
Gods I miss him. I miss our time together, I miss how we used to have s*x after a long day of work to release the stress.

"Org*sms are the best form of stress relief"

His words, not mine. He would hug me as soon as I come back from work. Then he'd drop pepper kisses on my neck while he slowly removed my clothes. Then we would have s*x in the shower. Then he would tuck me to the bed and kiss me goodnight while hugging me. On weekends he used to cook spicy noodles for me, because I love spicy noodles. But then he got a project in London. He promised he would come back to me after the project will be over.

Since then we haven't seen each other. We facetimed, called, texted but none of them ever put me at ease. Since we both have busy schedules, we can't make time for each other. We usually facetime on the weekends.

My stomach grumbled. I'm instantly reminded of spicy ramen and late nights and vector's beautiful face.

"I really need some noodles" I muttered to myself and went for the nearest store. After buying a few different flavours of noodles I started my walk back home again. The road was completely silent now. The night has crept closer and the air became cold. Vehicles disappeared as I took the road to my house, well not a house exacty. More like a cabin in the woods. Victor bought it for me because I always loved fairytale cottages and I am no doubt, a nature lover. But I admit the nature's beauty turns Scary at night. Well I'd blame it on all the horror movies and serial killer shows bella made me watch the previous weekend. And since then I'm scared as sh*t to go home alone.

The lights of my house came in sight. I quickened my steps and sighed in relief.

But...

Wait a minute...

I don't leave my lights on right?...

I clutch the key tightly in my fist. I could stab anyone with this in eye, right?

Oh god please I don't wanna be on the headlines tomorrow. I swear I'll stop drinking. I really mean it this time, just don't let me become tomorrow's headline.

I unlocked my door and tip toed inside. Trying to make as less sound as possible. I kept my bag on the floor. Opened my heels and left them on the floor. I took out my phone and clutched it tightly.

I could hit someone with my phone right?

No no no, bad idea.

I could call the police,

Yep, sounds good.

I silently entered the living room and all the air left my lungs.

I'm f*cked