45|| Road Trip

Thank you all for 180k reads and lots of patience!

"And you promise to call me if you need anything? And call every day for check-ins

"And you promise to call me if you need anything? And call every day for check-ins. And I want texts every two hours. And I-"

"Okay, River I get it!" I laughed.

"I'm serious Taliah. I just worry," he whined and pecked my lips.

"I know baby, but I'll be fine okay?" I said as he ran his fingers through his hair

"I like that." He smiled.

"What?" I smiled back curiously.

"I like it when you call me baby." He responded.

"Well, you are my baby." I kissed his forehead.

"You're perfect." He whispered.

"So are you.... Baby." I giggled.

All of a sudden River starts coughing and wheezing.

"Quit that faking! You know I have to be with my brothers this week." I scolded him and smacked his chest.

"Fine. Have a good week. And don't forget to call and text me yeah?" He said.

"Hmm bye, my love." I kissed him one last time and walked to the front door of the house.

Vincent was the one to open the door.

He went in for a hug but I stepped back quickly before he could touch me.

"Can I come in?" I said snappily.

He cleared his throat and opened the door wider for me to come inside.

It looked the same. I had only been gone for a week or two.

The atmosphere was the only thing that was off though.

"Umm, you can go to the living room everyone is waiting for you," Vincent said.

I didn't reply and just walked to the living room ready to be done with this as soon as possible.

Everyone's eyes were on me in seconds.

Roman cleared his throat and stood up.

"Can- can I hug you?" He asked gently.

As much as I wanted to say no I didn't.

I nodded my head slightly and Roman came to me quickly and picked me up in a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his neck gently.

I missed this. I did. I hated how much I loved this feeling.

My big brother's arms wrapped around me.

The last few weeks I've had love shown to me in a way I never would have imagined.