32- flowers

irl & imessage!

"WAIT, WHAT DID you just do?" ren tilted her head at theo.

he sighed, "would you at least finish swallowing before talking? and i transfigured it into a glass."

theo, as he always did, brought ren snacks for their study session. today was a pack of gummy worms.

"i thought this was a charms project," her brows furrowed, "why are you transfiguring things?"

"transfiguration is still a charm, ren. it's just complicated, so it has its own class."

"oh."

"how about we take a break?" theo offered, "i'm getting bored."

"excellent idea!" she took her phone out of her bag, "mattheo's been blowing up my phone this whole time."

"how's that going?" he asked. "you know, the two of you?" he clarified.

ren set her phone down with a grin. "really good! and valentine's day is next week so i'm waiting for his present to come."

"you're getting him a present for valentine's? isn't it just for girls?"

"i really like valentine's. it's one of my favourite holidays, and i've always wanted to celebrate it with someone other then zoya—who just does it out of pity. plus, guys deserve presents too. i read somewhere that most men only get flowers at their funeral and that made me so sad."

"i'm really glad that you were able to get over the start of your relationship," he gave a soft smile, "i know he was feeling really guilty about it."

her smile fell, "what do you mean, theo? why would he feel guilty?"

"ren." he searched her face, "i didn't mean anything, just like- you know, you'd never dated anyone before and he had been with a lot of people." he rushed to correct.

"theo," she breathed, "what were you talking about? why would mattheo feel guilty about his past? that's got nothing to do with us."

"exactly, he was just overthinking it." he rushed.

"can you please just be honest with me, theo?" she pleaded. "i deserve to know, don't i?"

"fuck," he muttered. "he really likes you, ren, you have to know that."

"theo."

"terrence, graham, and blaise—they all bet him a thousand galleons that he couldn't get you to sleep with him and say that you loved him." theo admitted.

"but he's already turned down the money!" he added in her silence. "he said that he actually liked you and he didn't care about the bet anymore."

"it was all a joke?" her voice broke, "he didn't like me? he was messing with me this whole time?"

"no, no. ren, don't cry! he likes you, i swear."

"but everyone knew i liked him, and the only reason he talked to me was because i was a joke to him? to get me to sleep with him?"

"it was just a bad motivation, ren, but he'd forgotten about the bet a long time ago. and he really likes you, ren. he's talked about getting married and having kids."

"i gave him all my firsts, theo!" she sobbed. "he let me give him my virginity knowing that it was all a joke! he knew how important that was to me. i'd never even held hands with someone before him!"

"you're not listening, ren." he shook his head. "he doesn't care about the bet!"

"but if they never said anything he wouldn't have ever talked to me in the first place!"

"but he did! and you are both so happy now!"

"but it's all fake!" she stood up and collected her things, "our whole relationship is based on some sick joke."

"it's not, ren," he followed her through the library.

"and do you know the worst part?" she turned to face him just outside the library, "you knew the whole time. you let me talk about how much i liked him, and you never once said a word to me." she pressed her finger into his chest. "and that is almost worse than what he did."

☘︎☘︎☘︎

baby🍓

teo
ren
are you almost done studying
with theo?
i'm bored
it's been 5 minutes is he holding
you hostage?
phil and i are waiting for you in
my dorm
although i'm hoping you'll get rid of
him so i can do some thing i
would rather the dog not see
he's looking at me now
do you think he knows what i
just said?

baby🍓
you're awful
and theo is not holding me
hostage, we were working on our
project

teo
well i'd like to be working my
jaw right now

baby🍓
oh my gods

teo
i'm being honest
you said it's a good habit and
i shouldn't lie
so how much longer do you
think you'll be?
ren
rennnnnn
ren lily potter

baby🍓
clearly you haven't decided to be
fully honest yet

teo
ren i swear just let me explain it
all to you baby
this is all just a big
misunderstanding
sweet girl
please?
phil is still here baby
come on

baby🍓 has blocked teo

teo
don't do that
message not delivered
please ren
message not delivered
i love you baby
message not delivered

☘︎☘︎☘︎

c speaks!

so that happened...

but thanks for (almost?) 100k reads on this story!

:))